Problems after setup with 75200 vesc

I have built an electric bike using the 75200 vesc and 80100 7000w motor I am running it with a reliable 48v battery pack. I ran the set up wizard and the motor spun up great with the settings looking as expected. When the motor direction was confirmed it osolated and didn’t complete a full rotation. I set up the twist grip throttle but I got the same result.

I would be grateful of any suggestions.

Thanks, zander

Which motor? What were the results of the motor detection?

Thanks for the fast reply i will let you know the motor specs and rerun the detection tomorrow afternoon.

It would also be good to know what sensor mode you’re using; sensorless, hall sensors, or one of the HFI options.

Oscillation as you mention sounds a lot like what I was seeing with my 80100 motor whenever I attempted one of the HFI options. I also couldn’t get the motor to spin reliably using speed or position control methods (until I installed an encoder); only the duty/current control methods worked. Not sure what method your twist grip throttle would use.

In the video below I re ran the detection and showed the results I got and problems I am having.

I have linked the motor below I did not purchase it from flipsky but they have the clearest specs.

I hope this information is useful

Kind regards

zander

Motor detection is way off, phase filters likely set to TRUE.

Set phase filters to FALSE, then run motor detection again while saying NO to “reset defaults”

Or…

load this firmware:

Thank you very much I reset the firmware and I have managed to get the motor running with help from everyone on this page I will definitely be back if I have any further problems or questions. Can’t thank you enough.

Zander

2 Likes