Problem with Slick Revolution/iWonder Cloud Wheels (SERIOUS)

Hi,man.
pls…
Did you not read the previous information?
that is mould line!!!
:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Oh, i read it alright. But you do you, and just keep dismissing the safety concerns of your company’s product.

@BenjaminF In the defence of @hide, @rafaelinmissouri sucessfully polished out that same line. If you polish the surface, the projections that look like cracks disappear. Scroll up and you will see the before and afters.

@Hide I keep mentioning that your team needs to polish, sandblast or tumble those molds in abrasive aggregate. Until you smooth out or dimple the surface of the core, there are going to be alot of people who look at the cores, think they see cracks… then say bad things about your company and product.

It looks exactly like a crack. You can’t expect your customers to read 765 posts to figure out that it might not actually be a crack.

1 Like

See above. I have read every reply in all of the cloudwheel threads. I loved the ride quality of these wheels, and so i have been very invested in seeing iwonder fix their issues so that I can be comfortable riding another set.

But due to many factors that have come to light during this whole proceeding, I no longer feel confident in iwonder as a company, or these wheels and their safety. Which really bums me out, because as I said, these wheels were an awesome ride.

What do I mean by “many factors,” you might ask?

Refusal to admit publicly there is a massive safety issue with their wheels. Correct me if im wrong, but I still have not seen any safety warnings from iWonder denouncing their old cores. In fact, they released several videos showing that they do not think there is a problem with their old cores. Anyone remember those drop test and hammer test videos? Those were in response to people pointing out the safety issues on their facebook page. And then those people were blocked and censored (or so I heard. I am not on facebook, and only popped in from time to time following links from this thread).

In that vein, no recall on their unsafe product. Simply releasing a bandaid fix (my opinion) in the form of their “new model” discovery wheels.

No offer to exchange the “fix” for the faulty product, because they refuse to admit there is a problem. @Hide encouraged any of us with cracked wheels to seek after sales support, so I did. After I got the run-around for a bit I was told that they would not exchange my wheels, but that they could offer me a $50 discount off a set of discovery wheels. Im not entitled to anything, but the lackluster response to their unsafe product is very telling of the kind of company they are.

They sent out “test units” to a few members of the community, but did not wait for the results from the “testing” to put the new wheels on sale.

One of the test units crack, and the first thing they do is look for any reason why it could be @rafaelinmissouri’s fault, and deflect any blame from their product. And then refuse to send him another set to test. Again, he is not entitled to that, but it is probably the right thing to do.

And, more than any of that, they are still selling the old style, unsafe wheel on their official Amazon store.

I was rooting for iWonder to fix this. I really was. But over and over again they have proven to be a company I dont feel comfortable doing any kind of business with. They dont make quality products, and they dont stand by their products when they break.

What does any of this have to do with me circling that mold line in @Hide’s picture? Nothing really. Not totally sure why I did that. I guess im just mad that I cant use the wheels that I like.

Ok rant over, time for me to let it go. Vote with your wallet people.

4 Likes

This is determined by the production process ~ Because it is transparent, it will be obvious. At present, we are also looking for ways to solve this problem.
Thank you so much,bro.

1 Like

Hi, MrDrunkenMobster
Thank you for the many problems you pointed out, this is the reason I can use to promote the development of iwonder.
As a rider, I want to share some interesting things with people here, nothing more.
BTW, I am not the owner of iwonder, and some company behaviors are beyond my control.

2 Likes

Well it finally happened after maybe 100-120 miles of use. I was riding my usual 10 mile route, at around 3 miles into my ride I heard a knocking sound and noticed my pulley was not balanced anymore. Slowly rode back in shame and pulled off the wheels. This is what I see.

@Hide I’ve emailed service@iwonderpower.com About this. Please respond.

7 Likes

That blows. The sudden onset knocking sound is really spooky. Sounds like it could easily have been catastrophic, Im glad youre ok dude.

Glad you caught it before high-speed failure.

6 Likes

Yeah. I’ve done a spurt of 30mph on them during my test run, otherwise it’s just my usual 10 mile or 20 mile route while averages 14-15mph all on smooth paths.

2 Likes

Thanks for your information, our after-sales service staff will contact you as soon as possible

3 Likes

Thanks @hide. Glad I wasn’t going fast

1 Like

Damn just installed my cloudwheels on new dual 6374, gonna check my wheels now.

4 Likes

Check it often. Sadly, it’s a matter of when not if.

2 Likes

What kind of pulley were you using? Did the wheel(s) that exploded have a pulley, or were they front wheels?

Was wondering when the tumbleweeds on builders would bring you our way. Welcome!

Thicc

I took my wheels apart, I haven’t ridden them too hard yet, but no cracks whatsoever. However I won’t using them anymore, I notice faulty spoke design, it’s much thinner than standard abec 11 wheels. This is disaster waiting to happen. On 120mm wheels spokes should be thicker.

Also when I ride I notice the inner core is not even at all, feel a bit wobbly too, which can also contribute to spokes failing eventually.

I would recommended them for non motored or super slow esk8 under 15mph otherwise avoid them as they are not good design and not precision quality.

I made a quick video:

3 Likes

oh man bro, i feel your pain in the butt by reading so god damn shit like that. Some guys separating worms from their shit before flushing the toilet to save the animals.

1 Like