Problem with Slick Revolution/iWonder Cloud Wheels (SERIOUS)

Hi Bill
Have a good day.
First of all thank you and everyone care about and support our products.
Please tell me your e-mail, and I will let my colleagues contact you to deal with your wheels.
Then, regarding the testing activities, we are also planning, if possible, we will notify you as soon as possible.
Finally, thank you again for your care and support.
Best regards
Hide weng

5 Likes

Hi Hide:

Thankyou for joining the conversation. I think you will find lots of customers happy to help you here. I think there is much interest in the new plastic. There are rumors that you have a new plastic supplier and a different type of plastic.

My sugestion would be to nominate a team of about four or five members from this thread to have a private discussion about the cracking problems and what you are planning to do next. Once the thoughts are organized, someone from the team can post some information in this thread about the progress. If you do switch to a new plastic or process then the same team can test a small batch of samples in tough conditions.

I know that it sometimes happens that products in china are tested with much smaller riders and at lower speeds. So testing with larger riders in different conditons can be very helpful.

I would like to nominate several people – for you to conisder:

@BillGordon (esk8.news and a customer of your wheels)
@isabar (Owner of Metro boards)
@rafaelinmissouri (the rider who was injured)
@ShutterShock (a very smart engineering student)
@jeffwuneo (from china and with manufacturing experience)
@BluPenguin (an engineer who enjoys your products)
@Mikenopolis (he rides your wheels, likes them and he always jokes about how heavy he is.)

My suggestion would be to have a private chat group to discuss for several days.
And then to have a representative of the group post here a summary of the plan forward.

If you would like to invite me to the group then I would be happy to join you.

7 Likes

Got a response fom Flpsky official store, they’ll get back to me on monday. No response from iWonder yet but maybe they’re all the same :smiley:

2 Likes

@Hide thanks for coming on here. I really hope your company and product can grow from this. I and alot of people love your product but this issue has to be resolved.

2 Likes

Nah flipsky is not iWonder, I chat with flipsky all the time, everyone just resells the iWonder wheels lol

I appreciate the thought but I would say that I should refrain from making an important decision like that without experiencing it firsthand or having the product in hand to inspect. I am not a cloudwheels owner, I was just offering suggestions as to what could have caused the issue.

1 Like

@b264 should be in that group, Bro. In the past, He tested some of the most popular wheels in these forums.

5 Likes

I got my replacement wheels in the mail today. In the shelf they go.
I had sent them an email yesterday asking if they will send me a set of their discovery version.
Let’s see what they say.

4 Likes

Thank you for that

1 Like

I have 2 sets of these new still in the box and 5 of the 8 are cracked, just like Alan’s. Glad I came across this thread guess I’m out $200 :expressionless:

2 Likes

iWonder is aware of this now and I believe they’re replacing the bad ones atm. Shoot em an email.

2 Likes

This is so fuckin weird. I also was going to suggest that it was maybe a mold line or something, but if you’ve checked well is obviously a crack … But a crack on brand new wheels ? That’s fucked up.

if you need heavy people on I cloud wheels, I weight 92kg and usually ride with an at least 10kg back pack

do you have that e-mail ? I fail to find it …

If anyone have some wheels to throw away, I am interested if anyone could do a tear down.
I always wondered what kind of foam there is inside the wheels. How squishy is it🤔.

2 Likes

Better pictures:

Both sides of the worst wheel.

3 Likes

service@iwonderpower.com

1 Like

@visnu777

I sent you a PM. Can you look for it please.

The point of the forum is to link people together to talk so by being hear it’s within the core principles of the forum and as long as your following the forum rules we actively encourage representatives and sellers hear.

As stated earlier you will fined some extremely knowable people from manufacturing experts and engineers.

I was Initially pleased when you asked for a customer to ship the cracked wheel back as I thought it was to investigate the cause of the crack. This showed a high level of commitment to the product quality. To then fined this statement.

We were aware of several issues by this point so is earthier intended to mislead or out right deception closely follows by removed posts and banned accounts from the I wonder Club. this has lead to a wider miss trust in the company currently.

I have seen a statement of new raw material supplier changes to the core design and material used can you provide any more details on this? The more detail the better.

I’m agains the idea of changing to a Kegel core because it will mean your wheels are not compatible with a large portion of you market. This could be looked at as a addition to you line up but a lot of boards are based on the ABEC core and would be a shame if you lost that part of the market. The ABEC core has been susefully used on manny electricity skateboard with bolt on pulls with out this issue so I’m highly sceptical of the core design or bolt on pullys been the sole issue

My suspicions for the issue that has been reported on unused wheels as well is a material issue or manufacturing proses.

This could be
bad ratio of raw materials In a batch
unsuitable material/ratios chosen
Temp issues when manufacturing or cooling
Manufacturing proses used
Damaged moulds or short cuts factory workers are adopting

2 Likes

Hi,Darkie02
Have a good day.
Thanks for the information, I have been investigating all aspects of the product with our engineering department for the past two days.I am also very anxious about this problem.
We also very much hope to find the cause and solve the problem as soon as possible
Please wait patiently. If any follow-up cloudwheel user finds a problem, they can contact us through our email (service@iwonderpower.com).
We will not give up using ABEC core.
The above remarks only represent my personal position!
Best regards
Hide weng

2 Likes