Problem with Slick Revolution/iWonder Cloud Wheels (SERIOUS)

Idk. I think it’s based on the core, but I just got some pink 105s, gonna start using them soon I think

2 Likes

I also read awhile ago that nobody experienced the problem yet with 105s (or at least publicly), so was wondering if that was still true

Enjoy

Yeah idk maybe the higher diameter of the 120’s is worse on the cores

that is the theory

Been wondering this as well. My Discovery 120s have held up fine despite my heavy ass abusing them.

3 Likes

damn thought I has an original idea

1 Like

Hopefully the Hollow Wheels won’t have similar issues once they get finished and ship. They’re already been delayed multiple times though with core issues, one of my customers is waiting on them.

Good times.

your such an outlaw shredding around over there with the ban and all. Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Decided to ditch the cloudies on my wife’s board completely will opt for eovan 125mm rubber or Hollows.
Her evolve is speed limited 20km but after the rebuild will likely send it much harder.

1 Like

Putting 105 cloudies on my revel kit that my fiancee rides, I don’t think she could break them if she tried

1 Like

I have 2500km on my Cloud wheels (Discovery) now :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Anyone have experience with the new cloudwheels donuts? Seems like a really great upgrade for hub motors if everything checks out

3 Likes

I would like to see them closely compared to the 105mm rubber hub motors, rubber has better grip on wet but the quality of hub you put the cloudwheel sleeve on might be better overall.

1 Like

I wish. I have Meepo hubs. Supposedly they’ve been in talks with Meepo to try to form a solution to get them adapted to Meepos. We’ll see if that happens!

2 Likes

does anyone know which hubs bustin uses?

Yep me too. Though I’d prefer meepo to go for a rubber treaded compound sleeve like you find on 105mm hub motors. I use the 105mm rubber tread hub on my wet winter board. Got me through that soggy UK winter last year gripping the wet roads like a car tyre. Only issue the motors are no way was good as meepos.

1 Like

Cookie always has some crumble… China needs more DD Esk8 competitors aimed at DIY.

2 Likes

Shit man, i know a guy who owns a car manufacturing company.

3 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

One thing not mentioned here is oils. I took my 110 rough stuffs off my meepo to install on my ae k1 board and theres what looks like lubricant oil spilling out a bearing onto the core. All my wheels look wet with oil and dust at some point.

I got coconut oil on some very strong high pressure plexiglass once and it cracked. It had hundreds of hairline cracks just appear as it soaked into the plastic.

Think ill get the 105s after reading most of this.