Problem with Slick Revolution/iWonder Cloud Wheels (SERIOUS)

Was wondering when the tumbleweeds on builders would bring you our way. Welcome!

Thicc

I took my wheels apart, I haven’t ridden them too hard yet, but no cracks whatsoever. However I won’t using them anymore, I notice faulty spoke design, it’s much thinner than standard abec 11 wheels. This is disaster waiting to happen. On 120mm wheels spokes should be thicker.

Also when I ride I notice the inner core is not even at all, feel a bit wobbly too, which can also contribute to spokes failing eventually.

I would recommended them for non motored or super slow esk8 under 15mph otherwise avoid them as they are not good design and not precision quality.

I made a quick video:

3 Likes

oh man bro, i feel your pain in the butt by reading so god damn shit like that. Some guys separating worms from their shit before flushing the toilet to save the animals.

1 Like

Hey, everybody, I’m new to the community and I need your help, so I’m joining you. To this forum on the topic of iwonder cloudwheels. The theme is that less than a month after the purchase, in 3 exits of 6 streets and the core is broken. I asked for the return, they are on the way, but now I need some new All Terrain wheels, I have contacted youtubers who suggest me the abec 107, others the MBS 100mm, others the slick revolution Rough stuff, I accept all the suggestions, conf this of the covid19 , the electric longboard helps a lot.
I’ll keep an eye out for comments.

4 Likes

These are not AT.

These are terrible.

There’s a newer version of your Cloudwheels and the discussion is here:

I’m testing a set of these Discovery cores and will be posting my 150km findings later today.

Welcome to the forum!

7 Likes

My bro appreciates your comment, but he gave me more criticism, than a solution, I just want to know which quality All Terrain wheel I can change it with, since cloudwheels as long as the same thing keeps happening are out of the question. The Revolution rough stuff slicks, does anyone know if they have the same core problem?

The roughstuff arent really all terrain. You still slip and slide. They are uncomfortable and really don’t work for what is advertised…

You want to go offroad? Get pneumatics… other than that, the tb110 is the current favorite large wheel of people who still enjoy riding urethane

5 Likes

I understand my bro thank you very much, but what do you mean the raw material is not totally all-terrain, in general it is bad? Is the core bad? Sorry for so many questions, but I’m new to eboards, and I use my board to go to work, so I take care of it a lot, but the place where I live is very bad the pavement, so I need a wheel that absorbs impact, my option was the cloudwheels, but they got shredded, so I discard them, I can’t opt for a tire, why would I have to buy a new truck, which is not an option, so I need a wheel that absorbs shocks, helps to take care of the engines and with a similar technology.

Please help

The roughstuff wheels are bad urethane. Very hard, not shock absorbing. And the shape is bad too. They are not “off road” or “all terrain” at all. You need a nice soft wheel. If you only ever ride on paved surfaces like streets and sidewalks, then the best safe choice right now seems to be @Torqueboards 110mm wheel in 74A, or soon to be released 72A. Can you take a picture of your board so we can give more precise recommendations?

3 Likes

This is my board, a flexboard, you can also find them in iwonder or as buffalo-f has two belt motors of 1200w each. There are the pictures, what do you say? What wheels could I use?

You can definitely use the TB 110’s. If you want to go bigger than that, I recommend proper pneumatics (Or at least airless rubber wheels. Lots of folks hate on them but they have their place. My Backfire Ranger X2 is very comfortable on shitty roads, and you can buy those wheels separately.)

Keep in mind that if you use a bigger wheel, you will probably need a longer hanger to avoid wheel bite. Knowing nothing else about you or your use case, I would say get the TB in 74A.

I dont think he can without new pulleys… those look like abec cores. Best option seems to be 107’s without buying kegel pulleys…

@Rodrigojavier I had rough stuff wheels on my very first build thinking it would be easier to ride in rougher terrain… it was for all the reasons @BenjaminF mentioned

Exactly they have abec cores, and I would have to buy new pulleys, so in short, as a better option if I have money I buy the torque board with the pulleys, or else the abec ones. What do you say?

Im personally buying the Tb 72a as soon as they hits the market and I currently only have abec pulleys. I say go with tb110’s and the new pulleys

3 Likes

We haven’t reached a conclusion yet about the Discovery Cloud Wheels being fit for purpose, but if they are, they’d be having the advantage of matching your current pulleys.

1 Like

That depends on his pulley. Discovery wheels use a clone core pattern. Most genuine ABEC pulleys do not fit the clone core. @Rodrigojavier I would steer clear. I would go ABEC11 flywheels if you dont want new pulleys, and TB110 if you don’t mind a new pulley.

1 Like

You’re right, that’d be something to be verified before going the iWonder way. Get your calipers out!

@BenjaminF @Bobby really, thanks a lot for your help, I’ll see if I can get the tb110 with the pulleys and upload pictures of how I’m doing with that project, they look great! Hopefully the slick revolution or the iwonder cloudwheels will improve the core and have better results in the future, what makes me curious is that the pictures of the cloud wheels are only from iwonder and not from slick revolution. Maybe it’s a stupid comment, but it makes me curious.
Thanks a lot bro.

2 Likes

iWonder is the Chinese brand that (supposedly) manufacturers these wheels themselves. They, like a lot of china OEM’s, sell bulk quantities to re-sellers, and will brand their wheel with whatever the company who is purchasing would like.

Slick revolution is a UK company who sold a branded Cloudwheel. Backfire, Ownboard, Exway, etc., have all sold branded Cloudwheels. There are also unbranded wheels for sale as well, usually from direct-from-china sites such as AliExpress, or from smaller esk8 vendors who dont buy enough to meet the minimum order quantity for custom branding (or simply choose to leave it blank).

2 Likes