Problem with Slick Revolution/iWonder Cloud Wheels (SERIOUS)

I was joking too, but i don’t know anymore if you are. I’m lost

1 Like

We’re the awkward children of esk8. We’re all a bit lost.

3 Likes

I just sent off my 3-mile cracked core pics to Ownboard (probably broken at arrival, I saw what I thought were cracks and now upon inspection there are definitely cracks :frowning:

iWonder said to deal with Ownboard for the issue since they came with my new Bamboo GT. I saw someone back in the thread who also had cracked cores from Ownboard and was curious if anyone had followed through with them and gotten a refund or the discovery cores or anything. Not sure what the reply will be.

What a bummer as I really loved them for the 3 short rides I’ve gotten in during Covid19. I ordered the Discovery cores in the meantime with my fingers crossed.

2 Likes

@jsdenton :arrow_up:

Hey man-

I bumped your account so you can message and post freely.

Welcome!

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: IWonder wheels and gear

Yes, me ! Ownvoard had not the new model available yet, they just offered me a new set of the old model, wich was already nice from them. But no refund. I declined, I’m waiting, if in a few days / weeks they start to sell the new model, I’ll ask for a set of these !

1 Like

My new board is finished

17 Likes

Looks great. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Test video of My new board
9 Likes

Tks,Bill.

What deck are you using

3 Likes

same here…i also have a couple of cracked wheels from Ownboard. Same response…I’ll wait as well.

2 Likes

My set of Discovery wheels are here.
Ordered April 16th delivered April 29th.

Here is hoping 3rd time is the charm.

7 Likes

Thanks for the bump! I got my new Discovery wheels and :frowning: they don’t fit the ownboard pulleys :frowning:. So if these are abec clones, and the discovery wheels don’t fit genuine abec, what the heck am I supposed to use? This is turning out to be a pretty lame experience and I’m starting to regret going down the cloudwheel route.

Ownboard to their credit are sending me new cloudwheels (but didn’t specify which) as well as some accessories I was going to purchase included (an extra remote and charger). The shipping is brutal though. $60.

No idea what to explore for options for the pulleys.

2 Likes

I told them to go the kegel core route, but no one would listen. Kegel cores have none of these clone abec vs genuine abec vs bad abec issues.

3 Likes

Just heard back from them that they don’t fit any brand’s pulleys (even though they list a lot of them on the site specifically under the discovery model.

“ Yes,discovery version has thicker spokes than original Cloudwheel.

We are now producing many kinds of pulley for different brand skateboards(including Ownboard).

Wheel pulley be available next month.”

2 Likes

Hi, Fordtimelord
Have a good day.
Our after-sales staff informed you in the email that after the pulley adapted to the ownboard is produced,we will send you a set.
Best regards
Hide weng

7 Likes

I know these are tough times for I wonder, but it’s hard to see good guy @Hide trying to single handedly maintain a good image for the company. Job well done for sure, but it’s not an easy one !

4 Likes

Yes, thank you Hide, they did just send me an email saying they’d send the pulleys free when they exist. I do think the site should say more clearly that you can’t use these right away for your board, but I’m satisfied enough with the free pulleys eventually.

What a roller coaster of emotions!

4 Likes