Problem with Slick Revolution/iWonder Cloud Wheels (SERIOUS)

@AndrewYoshinoare are you affiliated with iwonder?

1 Like

Of course not,i bought Cloudwheel for my board.I saw that issue and some points from @jeffwuneo ,much interested in that.So i want to clear it out.

1 Like

Here’s a better shot of mine.

3 Likes

I think red circle might be crack,but 2 blue circles i do not know which one is weld line,can’t see it clearly from picture.
1.bmp (606.3 KB)

Haha, appears to be just be a real fan:

Good to have as many people as possible figuring this out.

4 Likes

Is there a possible way to battle harden these wheels. Fill Cores with resin ect. I am worried about my wifes board, she loves the cloudies.

1 Like

@BillGordon yup your in crack city…

And weld line or cast interface, it still shouldn’t separate there.

2 Likes

Time to consider the possibility that there may be not just one reason for failure. We seem to have a menu of reasons:

• Injection temperature problem, improper plastic flow or cooling
  • Bad batch of plastic or bad plastic mixture
  • Excessive shrinkage, bearing socket to small for bearing
  • Processing imperfections/inconsistencies that result in hidden weak points
  • Use of bolt on pulley, plastic not strong enough for bolt on
  • Use of product by heavy rider
  • Use of product in cold weather, plastic not suitable for use in freezing temp
  • Marginal strength of unreinforced plastic, strong enough for Ruff stuff diameter, not for Iwonder
  • Marginal strength, only strong enough when supported by PU wheel like Ruff Stuff
  • Marginal strength, not strong enough for some off road or obstacles
  • Marginal strength and inconsistent plastic, some are just strong enough, others are not.

The units that fracture may be breaking for more than one reason and/or for different reasons.

Some pictues indicate some reasons. Others indicate other reasons. One picture of a failure does not rule out the possibilities of other failures are happening to other units.

Also, some fractures are fairly advanced on the interior of the bearring socket before they propagate into a zone that is visible without disassembly. So riders should disasemble and inspect with a bright light (or flash) and photo magnification.

1 Like

The manufacturer is not doing the right thing which would be a recall. Instead, they seem to be doing thier best to sell inventory. So riders need to do the right thing for themselves and for their families.

Its a bad moment in our lifetimes to need to take a trip to the hospital for a skateboard injury.

I do get your point and agree at the push for just compensation, though this isn’t exactly a car where you pay thousands of dollars for a heavily insured vehicle and any modifications made is at your own risk. I do not see tyre or aftermarket rim companies doing recalls. A recall would just be unfeasible and potentially bankrupt the company which would make things even worse. But since the issue has come to light, the public can simply avoid using them at a minor inconvenience.

1 Like

A lot of esk8 riders are avoiding riding right now because of this concern.

3 Likes

If they were my only wheels, then maybe. But I have equally good if not better options, so on the shelf they remain.

4 Likes

This is not the right thing. Only a handful has actually cracked and now people are mistaking a mold line for a crack…

2 Likes

3 of my wheels have the mold Line and an actual crack… they are like 1-3 cm away from each other.

2 Likes

Damn that’s shitty. Did you ask them to replace them yet? I’m very curious if the new ones that are being sent out have the same mold line…

I’m just returning them. I purchased from a seller on eBay and he accepts returns.

3 Likes

(clears throat)

2 Likes

Some of the pictures from a few threads ago is mold lines not crack. Some others are cracks… This thread is interesting lol

3 Likes

Yeah, the information on this is all over the place. Hard to make definitive statements on this issue.

2 Likes

Some parts of it sure crack me up :grin:

2 Likes