Price check threads?

in most forums that allow users to buy and sell give the option of posting stuff and asking the community for a price (saves people shitting on sales threads due to imaginary prices etc.) I find it odd we never see this in relation to esk8

3 Likes

I read it now multiple times but I still not sure if I got it right :sweat_smile:
So you post a picture of something and people than make an offer how much they would pay?
Something like eBay auction?

no auction just, I have this ā€˜motor/thingā€™ whats it worth type posts

i think we could do that in the Buy Sell Trade category as long as the subject started with PRICE CHECK: or somethigng to signify it wasnā€™t for immediate sale before the user clicks in.

1 Like

Like a is this a good deal page. We also need a Freebies page.

I started a sales thread

We could just include that option there, maybe?

1 Like

Just to bump this.

I was going to make a post about price checking and searched first. Regulars and new users could probably benefit from a price check thread as thereā€™s a lot of users here with their finger on the pulse of current prices.

On other forums I have used and currently use price checking is very normal and often just ends up in a PM sale for the item once a price has been established. Itā€™s also a way for new or inexperienced users to sell their stuff without getting the dreaded ā€œyouā€™re an idiotā€ message when they over value their stuff.

Example:

I have a set of e-caliber trucks with mounts, motors, wheels and pulleys attached. Loctited on and cable managed. Itā€™s never been ridden and all brand new.

I donā€™t really know what thatā€™s worth here, even though Iā€™m on the forum every day. I might use it to test the water on price checking.

1 Like

if its all brand new and you have labor in it it should be worth parts plus time.

:roll_eyes: what a troll

You literally just described what i do for money outside of my day job. How is my response to that trolling?

My time is not billable, yours is as youā€™re a ā€œprofessional builderā€. Have you not seen the multitude of people get ripped to shreds here trying to charge for their time? Itā€™s brutal.

Your time is absolutely billable, especially if its all new parts and your work is as good as i suspect it is. Its not up to them to decide what your time is worth.

They can find the cash to pay you what you ask or find themselves fucked.