Precompiled VESC Tool Archive

At this point the thing to do is make a user friendly build script that strips out the anything trademarked.
This should already have been in the repo, if standard practices were being followed.

2 Likes

Wait so where are we supposed to get old versions now?

2 Likes

Oh huh I didn’t actually realize they were locally hosted

2 Likes

Note that i will be keeping a copy of every version on my storage cluster.

Any files that the community wants to keep, i will store them.

Everyone can always pm me for the files

3 Likes

There is no need for older versions as the archive is built into VESC-Tool now.

Currently available in BETA only, but the next release will also have this feature.
You can load any old FW using BETA and then continue with stable if you like, or use BETA, as VESC-Tool will role back the UI when it finds old FW.

Oh perfect, I haven’t used the new vesc tool much so I didn’t know

1 Like

There is because vesc tool still throws stones at you when using an older firmware with a newer tool.

1 Like

I haven’t experienced that. Most things like motor detection are actually handled by the FW. VESC-Tool just tells the FW to perform the task. The FW then runs the detection routine and reports back the results.
So if you use an older FW, the detection for example differs from using a new FW.
Changing settings like Max Motor Current etc. can be done with the latest Tool and the settings will be stored on the ESC just the same way they would be stored with the old Tool.

1 Like

Hate to play devils advocate but since 3.x I haven’t had issues configuring old firmware vescs

Most of the time I end up just updating to 5.2 tho

1 Like

The App is up to date anyway and you can use it to configure anything from 3.55 onwards. So the desktop version is just the same. There is no need for old VESC-Tool releases.

2 Likes

I will help to compile and package new versions as before if needed, just won’t keep binary releases on GitHub.

6 Likes

The MAC version is available on www.vesc-project.com. Jeffrey Friesen is compiling it for Benjamin Vedder. It can be found in the purchased files folder. If it doesn’t show up, you have to checkout the VESC-Tool again, either the free version or any donation version.

2 Likes

when can we expect a version that’s more compatible with chromebooks beyond either a hacky linux install missing functionality or the android app (again with missing functionality).

unpopular opinion, but chromebooks are very viable laptops for most people (except for VESCtool apparently)

Maybe someone with a Chromebook can compile it for the Chromebook and see how that goes and help Vedder to publish it on vesc-project.com.

2 Likes

I experienced that yesterday, actually. On a repair job’s HD60, oddly enough.

But sure, I guess it’s totally not needed anymore to have contingencies to deal with things.

4 Likes

If I knew how, you bet I would.

It is probably a Bluetooth connection thing and not a HD60T thing. What kind of BLE module is that?
Is this a HD60T with internal BLE module?

A VX1 receiver and a charge fuse?

Yes.

1 Like

I would connect via USB and update the internal dongle to the latest FW. It can be done via SWD Prog in VESC-Tool. The new BLE firmware has the option to store a name on the BLE Module itself, so that the board always pop up with it’s name, no matter of the phone or tablet you use.