[Pre-Order] Square Gear Urethane GearDrive

What’s up esk8 bros!

My friend and now business-partner @RDs have been busy developing something special for you all, and we’re now ready to take your money and run deliver what we believe to be the be-all and end-all of electric skateboard drivetrain technology –

The Square GearDrive :tm:

The Square GearDrive :tm: boasts the following features:

• No axial or radial loads thanks to the straight-cut metal gears
  • Compatibility with urethane, rubber airless, and pneumatic wheels thanks to the kegel mounting pattern
  • COMPLETELY SILENT operation thanks to the smooth gear meshing
  • 1:1 gear ratio results in best-in-class free-roll performance
  • Acid treated gears can accept a wider range of greases, for example, organic salsa works well
  • Inexpensive motor pinion upgradability thanks to the simple CNC cut square motor gear

For those of you confused as to how this drivetrain functions, I urge to watch this short demonstration video on the basic concept:

The idea for such a drivetrain has been in my head for years now, but it was only thanks to the recent advancements in AI technology that we were able to find the correct flower-petal :tm: shape for the wheel gear that would support such a design. Our manufacturing process for the perfectly smooth gear remains a trade-secret, but I can say that Microsoft Clippy was involved.

To avoid over-seas companies from stealing our unfinished design, I won’t be sharing pictures of the complete product, but rest assured that this drive-train has been tested for many miles along Latvian potato fields and we haven’t experienced a single component failure to this date. :partying_face:

The drivetrain is compatible with Boardnamics, 3ds hangers (choose the correct clamp upon checkout), and is compatible with the standard 63mm esk8 motor mounting pattern.

I did mention that the square pinion offers a huge cost saving, so the price for a single gear drive (need 2x for 2WD) after European taxes is just

69.69€

:scream: :scream: :scream:

We offer worldwide shipping, and you can pre-order yours today on our new Discord web-shop! :slight_smile:
SquareGearBros – Discord

22 Likes

@longhairedboy let me know if this should be moved to the vendor category instead :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I’m calling it now. This is the future of esk8.

1 Like

3ds is shivering rn

9 Likes

It’s finally hip to be square. Pērkons’ bless to you fine engineers! I’ve already ordered an AWD set.

5 Likes

You said its 1:1 ratio. Hows the torque compares to other gear drives?. Is it only limited to smaller wheels due to the Kegel pattern?

Yes, the 1:1 gear ratio will have less torque than other gear drives, but the upside is that you get more speed! This gear drive is a perfect match for high-power ESCs like the Trampa Vesc 6 HP or MakerX DV6 Pro which run on 12s but offer 180 phase amps! You no longer have to go high voltage to get high speed, and great acceleration :sunglasses:

The opposite, actually! The flower petal gear is 90mm wide, so any wheel > 90mm will work! TB110, Onsra 115mm, and pneumatics with Janux kegel hubs are all great options!

5 Likes

All the drawbacks of DDs with none of the benefits, I’l take 10 sets!

9 Likes

This is really innovative, nice job! Just pre-ordered 4 for a 4WD build. Not many people realize the insane efficiency you can get with a proper flower-petal / square drive mix vs a conventional gear mesh system. Much larger contact area also means a lot better reliability.

2 Likes

What do you anticipate shipping costs to be for US customers? Seriously debating cancelling my pending BN m1 order…

we’re cancelling everything and buying into this only. Groundfloor opportunity!

5 Likes

You should also cancel rent check and just stock up on these, they will resell for a lot

3 Likes

We only offer untracked shipping for US customers (because your privacy matters to us). 13.37€

5 Likes

Take my money!

3 Likes

Can you actually charge me $69 for shipping?

1 Like

Truly excellent. I’m going to talk to Jeff today, we need to get these on the Tabor and Pathfinder ASAP! Do you offer bulk discounts if we order 420 sets?

4 Likes

Woah buddy. You need to get behind me and my 10,000 sets I just ordered.

4 Likes

It seems to be the biggest breakthrough since water bottle based propulsion.

I’m still waiting for @jeffwuneo to weigh in.

5 Likes

official drpoop drivetrain

Is this an open gear drive, as the rendering implies? Does that mean it will be competitive with SRB drivetrains?

2 Likes