[Pre-Order] Square Gear Urethane GearDrive

Do you have any patents on that? Otherwise i will copy it.

2 Likes

Does it has built-in dishwasher?

2 Likes

Finally, someone is asking the real questions.

Because it’s being an open gear drive that makes the SRB drivetrain competitive. Not the ratio or the motor choice or the actual gears, but the fact it’s open.

Yessir! But unlike Stooge gears, these ones can’t get rocks stuck in the teeth :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

May I ask on efficiency? Chain and gear drives are around 99% HDT belt 97-99%. This profile of gears is very interesting idea. Also question about heat. It looks that contact surface will be bigger than classic gear or chain, so probably it will generate more heat. I’m wrong? Have big expectations :skateboard::metal:

2 Likes

Should be around 102-104% efficiency if I had to guess, maybe even better if he can get the lubrication perfected

6 Likes

I’m waiting for the spiral bevel square drive

4 Likes

@RDs here, we are in rough :ocean: with my not potentially ex partner Raisins, as he is misrepresenting product. Let me clear things up. :wink:

First of all, the name. I wanted this drive to be called ‘‘Pollen drive’’ :sunflower:from the flower shape of :red_car:gear. But he never listened and named it square drive. :rage:

Second of all. This is not only 1:1 gear reduction drive. I am currently working on ‘‘Lilly upgrade’’ :cherry_blossom: with my own patented :wrench: seen here: :point_down:

This should allow :infinity: amount of gear ratios, including everyones favorite 1:3.66 :smiley:

Sorry for my bad english. Just had to get this off my chest :sweat:

7 Likes

I’d have thought the future direction of esk8 development would have the scrambled-egg-drive involved but my technical knowledge is obviously not on par with yours. Good to have you guys to make me realize where to put my non existing money. It’s all yours now!

6 Likes

Ordered 420 sets. Stoked.

2 Likes

Nice joke :joy::pray:

It is basically “Maltese cross mechanism” which is learned as one of basic transformations mechanisms on middle technical schools. It is big challenge to use it for eskate because of friction and wearing of pin. Will see how You will solve it. Good luck.

Geneva drive - Wikipedia.

Ill let our first 100 customers figure that part out. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Will see who will buy black box… Maybe @jesus can help :grin: Wish all the best.

Do they celebrate April Fools in Czechia btw?

This also applies to the people who genuinely PMd me asking to buy a set lmao. Please stop, we’ve sold out :joy:

6 Likes

I was thinking it is some scam. But was just friendly asking to not attack trusted members :laughing::pray: Great job. Yes we also celebrating 1st April and Iam after hard weekend​:metal::clinking_glasses: Nice April to All

1 Like

Nah it definitely is a scam! Look at the tags at the top of the thread :point_up:

5 Likes

In Spain the April fools is the 28th of December

I thought, if noone would get my sarcasm, excessive amount of emojis would do the trick. :sweat_smile:

1 Like