Potential Esk8 Software Project

I think you can buy them
Same as something made for falls for old people

1 Like

LOLā€¦I remember the late night commercials for those thingsā€¦ā€Iā€™ve fallen and I canā€™t get up!ā€

A verrry bad and unintentionally funny commercial but a terrifying situation to be in.

4 Likes

There are these emergency bracelets for seniors that I assume have similar functionality except way simpler to implement. Alternatively you can set emergency alert on your phone if you rapidly press 5 times lock button. Yeah, these donā€™t work if you get knocked out, but itā€™s something.

2 Likes

The team is focused on a software project. Our training means that we could fiddle with some hardware, but we wonā€™t be able to create anything substantial.

2 Likes

Apple Watch has a crash/fall detection now. I donā€™t own one, so Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s dependent on the OS version or model, but I know it exists

1 Like

Depends on the model. I own one and itā€™s great.

1 Like

It would be great to have an interface that would pull data from things like vesc tool, stormcore app, map systems, telemetry data, and user input data such as bad road conditions or bookmarks for fun riding spots.

Also an app for this forum would be awesome.

1 Like

I have one. Its worth it. Fall detection works, I know from experience.

3 Likes

I agree. Custom routes are already sort-of possible just using MyMaps for Google Maps but itā€™s a bit crap and unwieldy. Itā€™s probably something thatā€™s better added to Metr Pro (@rpasichnyk) as a groovy new ā€˜publishā€™ feature though, rather than something to be completely reinvented.

The most worthy software challenge I can think of is the mythical and highly sought after Mellow-esque ā€˜Endless Modeā€™ that gives you power-assisted kick-push for stealth boarding. Thereā€™s already quite a few threads on this subject cos many lesser folk have tried and have failed.

Will you finally be the ones who taste glory!?

Edit: for referenceā€¦

7 Likes

Oh yeah baby. Talk dirty to me. Thereā€™s a loaded unlimited kit at a shop in Florida Iā€™ve added to my cart too many times.

2 Likes

Mario (the NYC guy who made the site, not contino) completely dismissed me when I brought this up saying that the ā€œlast updatedā€ blurb was enough to consider that issue ā€œsolvedā€.

Smh

1 Like

Davega is great but I see it more like a ā€œquick critical info when at stopā€ than when riding. Also makes for cool gauges if you have a camera footage, like a sport car.

When Iā€™m going for it my attention gets focused 100% on the ride itself and senses tense up considerably.

Canā€™t even take a look at my smart watch, no room left for concentration when speeding :joy:

So actually a HUD would be tremendous progress IMHO. :rocket:

Just blast your way through and donā€™t take eyes off the road / trail / track. Add metrics to what your body feels.

6 Likes

Update!

Unfortunately, this project isnā€™t viable for our capstone project at the university and weā€™ve chosen another project to work on next year. We hope that weā€™ll be able to develop the app anyway at some point down the road, but thereā€™s no timeline for that. Thank you all so much for the awesome ideas! Weā€™ve taken note of them and will definitely share with the community should this project come to life at some point.

3 Likes

Pfff! Another one bites the dust.

1 Like