Potential Build Ideas

Hey guys! I’m looking for some recommendations for my build. I am going to be getting luukjes hubs once they release and am wondering if I can get away with a single motor drive. I’m 195lbs, would probably do a 6380 TB motor if I go single, and run a 4.12 TB esc unless I can find another esc with a bit higher amp rating. If I go dual, it’ll be dual 6374 but I’m struggling to find an affordable option for a dual esc rather than getting two individual ones. What would y’all say the best option is here? Also the AT wheels would be 6x2 and would be strictly for street use and no off road. Even with Dual it’ll be strictly street. Any help is greatly appreciated yall!!!

1 Like

Awesome I like your new avatar :call_me_hand: what’s your budget? And what do you have so far?

1 Like

My advice, do not cheap out on parts. You’re putting your life on this board so safety and reliability is key. But if you are to cheap out, do not cheap out on the ESC and your BATTERY.

I recommend dual TB ESC 6 if you can get your hands on them or buy a used Unity. They’ll be about the same price

3 Likes

I’m building a custom battery with Samsung 30Q cells. I’ve been looking around to find the TB esc 6 but from what I’ve seen it’s just people testing them. Thanks for the advice! Greatly appreciated

1 Like

My budget is probably around 1300-1400. I currently haven’t bought anything since I’m in the process of selling and shipping out my evolve bamboo gtr.

2 Likes

Oh, they haven’t put them on site for sale, but you can try to message him here and he might sell them to you. But you should definitely go dual if you’re thinking about running pneumatic 6x2. It’s gonna need some torque

1 Like

That’s true, how much is he charging for a dual vesc 6 or just individual ones?

1 Like

Yeah just message him and he should be able to sell you some.

They’re $270 for dual plus any connectors you need. (Can bus, split xt60s)

$135 each.

2 Likes

@Jujo is right though, don’t cheap out on ESC. TB6 is very solid.

1 Like

Do y’all think I have the budget for all that?

1 Like

I mean I was gonna go with a TB 4.12 esc but I guess that’s a tad low on the amps for a Dual

Just go single 6374 now, you can go dual later.

3 Likes

Tbh with you, it’s gonna be tight. But that’s why I mentioned the last bit about not cheaping out on esc and battery. Those are essentially the core of your build. Everything else can be bought used cheap or find a knock off brand cheap and still be mostly fine

And @Skunk also brings a good point. You can just go single for now

1 Like

Your wheel choice take’s a bigger than normal chunk outta that 1400 for a first build but it can still be done.

Do you have a deck + enclosure in mind?

1 Like

And I’m 3D printing an enclosure then laying resin and metal sheets to make a cast of it basically

6 Likes

Can anybody speak for the quality of skate shred? I’ve been thinking about pulling the plug on a deck but don’t know much about them.

I’ve ordered now three boards from them and I thought they were pretty solid

4 Likes

I’ve had a few decks from them. Not bad. Sometimes the bolt holes are a bit off tho.

3 Likes

PS, I do have a pair of brand new flipsky 6374s 190kv battle hardened that I thought I might use on a build, but not sure anymore. If you want a really good price on them HMU.

3 Likes

I mean, I could always start single motor, run like cloud wheels or something in the meantime and then go to dual with AT. The thing is where I ride they painted the yellow lines and white lines on the road so that they’re raised. With street wheels if you even touch them is a guaranteed wipeout. I’ve seen it too many times in my group rides here.

1 Like