Potential Build Ideas

Is flipsky better than they’ve been in the past? I had issues with some of their components

2 Likes

Can’t speak to them honestly because I haven’t used the motors, but I’ve heard their new battle hardened motors are way better.

Paging @CiscoV since he’s used them.

2 Likes

If they’re battlehardened, they’re fine. Actually, I’d say their motors would be my choice just under TB motors imo. I got a pair of their 6384s and they’re fantastic. Magnet retainer ring and epoxy

3 Likes

You could go single on the wheels you wanted too.

If you can hold out a little bit, Black Friday is right around the corner and almost all of the Esk8 vendors do good deals.

3 Likes

Okay sweet. The wheels I’m waiting for, the soonest is like a month till they’ll be available for purchase. So maybe I do have to just wait a bit. You don’t think they’ll be any issues running single motor with those wheels? I mean other than the obvious change in torque with dual.

It will be a mellow build, But it will still get you there, as long as there’s no big hills in your way.

2 Likes

I meannnnn, there’s big hills but there’s ways to avoid the huge ones

I have that deck and the bamboo version. I have had zero issues with either boards. I like the bamboo one a bit better since it has a little more flex(not much).

2 Likes

I would personally not invest that much time and effort and end up with rubbish. bite the bullet and go for dual motors, quality esc’s, and a beefy battery.
aim for a balanced setup. I see far too many cheaping out on the battery and or esc’s grabbing large motors thinking it will be fast. the power/speed mostly comes from the esc settings. and if you are fat or ride to hard your shit will get toasty.
a single motor 6374 with a 4.12 will be worse than a Chinese hubmotor board in terms of power.

the lowest I would personally go is (street board):
dual 6354 or even maybe even 5065.
12s4p 30Q
vesc 6 variants or nothing under 200-250dollars. at least if you dont know the ins and outs of the vesc world.

(pneumatic board):
dual 6374
12s6p 30Q
vesc 6 style top of the line vesc more or less. heat will be an issue as pneumatic wheels are just that much more inefficient.

I personally love a really wide stance so that you can deal with accelerations.
put som effort into the enclosure and deck combo those things are hard to get right.

4 Likes

I love those mounts are they your creation?

1 Like

yeah had a friend of mine machine them. I previously used dickyhoo’s older caliber style mounts but. they had too many holes and places where rocks and pebbles could get in to the drive train. and it was abit to long and ugly for my liking. (dont tell dickyhoo)

3 Likes

So I went ahead and picked up dual 6374’s from a fellow forum person! As far as the other components go, I’m going to be building a 12s6p battery with a bms bypass and using a focbox unity esc. I will most likely be going with Luukjes hubs that he’s been creating with I believe two other amazing guys.

2 Likes

@Taraskasyanyuk any update on those motors that I purchased last week?

2 Likes

@Taraskasyanyuk any updates?