Possible issue with Torqueboards motor mounts

Any sneak peak previews?

1 Like

I don’t know since when, but they are live !
V6 looks discontinued, as it was replaced by the V7 in all the kits descriptions (except for the small mistakes when selecting options @torqueboards ) :

2 Likes

They are live and they are big and thiiick! No more flex mounts…but I dont know how yall were bending those v6 mounts…

2 Likes

My bets are on a bad batch, Ive had a few versions and never managed to bend them even without the crossbars :man_shrugging:

Someone’s probably going to say “I told you so”, but let’s just say I kept riding on them for science. So glad to see there’s a new version out, and damn they look thick. Curious about the screw holes that are still present on the new mounts because that’s where the point of weakness was on the old v6 ones.

@torqueboards you still contacting people about replacements? :pray:

7 Likes

You can send us an email. @Kale

Why we send you a replacement when you publicly shame us…

We must have great CS! :rofl:

5 Likes

That belt looks waaaay too tight homie…

5 Likes

Let’s not get carried away now :eyes::penguin:

3 Likes

@Ahrav No shirt for you.

6 Likes

Just curious, how can you tell from the picture?

1 Like

No shame at all, your motors are sick, the cnc trucks are awesome, the mounts just had some problems. Most of my drivetrain is from y’all and I’m super happy with it. Like I said, for science :man_scientist:

It just looks it. Is it very tight? If you poke the belt with your finger would it have stleast 1/4" spring back?

The belts tight enough to not slip, but has about 1/4"-3/8" slack, been setting it up like that since I threw the board together. Im pretty sure that’s the right amount of play, but I could be wrong?

There is no room for adjusting the position of the motor in combination with the 280mm belt.
I think a suitable belt length is 285mm or 290mm.

Also, the included 6380 motor is very heavy. Probably not compatible with the strength of the V6 motor plate.
I was afraid of this and dared to use Flipsky’s 6354 motor.
The V7 motor mount is probably very good.

1 Like

Bumping again, it’s snowing outside, but has anyone got V7’s jet and tested them? Call me paranoid but I’ve seen thick mounts bending just because they used cheap aluminum before :sweat_smile:

Here’s the difference. V6 vs V7. They will only fit on 218mm hangers or longer.

8 Likes