Possible issue with Kaly Hellcat/QIND tire combo - under investigation

Don’t mean to take away from the thread but do you have a link for those slicks?

2 Likes

I’m running those same tubes in 200x75s and 8x3 kendas. So far, so good. Many 100s of miles. I’d love to see the inside of the tire where it failed.

Kenda 8x3.00-4 4 Ply

https://www.ebay.com/i/182710324908?chn=ps

2 Likes

Is it possible to trim too much of the bead? Or perhaps just too much in one specific spot? The bead clearly failed.

1 Like

Thanks

Ok. Hang on a second
Is people actually doing this?

1 Like

Yes. Ernesto made a video showing how to do it.
The center of the hub is slightly bigger than the bead. Some of the tires do not need trimmed, some do.

3 Likes

Too soon man.

I got a wonky ass tire bead that I had to trim the other day.

#NoSqueeze

4 Likes

That was my assumption. But supposedly he did not trim the bead

2 Likes

WTF? Doing that shit is like asking for it. Damn!

1 Like

I really have no idea, then. I don’t see how it could be the innertube.

1 Like

I suppose it could be called a “sidewall failure”.

@CiscoV

1 Like

These are the things vendors lose sleep over.

5 Likes

@leadBreather this was posted by the vendor

2 Likes

OMFG! That shit right there is unreal Why would someone want to compromise the integrity of a tire like that!?
Shit like this is gonna keep happening if people keep doing this :man_facepalming:t2:

My 9" needed help. Didn’t go down to the bead but I did measure 8 ways across the circle and some were as low as 3.9" on a supposed 4" hub hole.
Wasnt seating on the 5star lip properly without it :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah brother. But that right there is an accident waiting to happen. That tire will eventually try to scape the wire enforced bead witch now has a weak point and kaboom Say hello to the pavement And give it a kiss while you’re at it :kissing_heart: :rofl:

2 Likes

Good, he has the right idea to be proactive about it.

Designing and putting esk8 products into the wild takes a lot of guts, imo.

2 Likes

But heck. What do I know. I don’t own a set of hellcats right :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I feel for the guy, and hope he recovers soon.

It needs to be said that 1 issue does not define a product fault. Specifically in this case as there is so many unknown details.

1. What was the issue with the original tubes?
  2. What makes these the correct tubes?
  3. Are those stock wheels? It’s hard to tell in my phone but they don’t appear to be.
  4. Why were stock tires and tunes replaced?

Many questions need to be answered before the Op calls out Kaly products. The dude has been making solid gear, performance level gear, for years.

15 Likes