Possible fresh start

Will the boardnamics SR TKP mounts work well enough? I just want something reliable after hella issues with the fucked TB and Paris mounts

Lol, my bank begs to differ :joy:

But yeah, I have a reputation for tinkering…I’ll go though a board a year until I graduate at least

1 Like

If you want surfrodz tkp get the 10mm hex. Idk if the grinds will work. (They are same price)

I might have some tkp baseplates you can have tho. Ill have to look.
Also check out https://www.skateshred.com/wholesale-blank-longboard-decks/blank-free-ride-and-downhill-longboard-decks.html
Decks with kicktails less than half the price of the battle axe.

2 Likes

Yeah the 10mm ones were what I were looking at, it still says Grindsz somewhere on the page though and I’m blind

I was looking at those decks but nothing looks like it will play nice with 6x2 wheels on 177mm hangars.

What’s the biggest motors I can get on those 177mm trucks? I think any flat end 6355/6354/5055 will fit as a dual

Oh. You wants kicktail and pneumatics,

How about deck on far left?

Yeah…hella twisty shitty sidewalks with curbs and teens on phones everywhere. I get stranded with my 40" all the time

The white one? I’m setting the length at 35" to 38"…that looks 40ish?

Its probably 40. But has a kicktail and definitely works with pneumatic. @DerelictRobot has built a few boards with them.

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe… I’m really hoping to find something more sleek and asymmetrical though, possibly a DB9

Well if you want it, it’s yours for like $30 shipped.

Oh that’s not bad, I need to think some more but thanks!

1 Like

How to make a fresh start:

1. Determine what you specifically want to build (the hard part).
  2. See if you already have the parts you need.
  3. Sell the stuff you don’t need.
2 Likes

This is a build I did that was under the “awesome but still budget kinda” strategy

Mechanical:
90mm ABEC clones - $20
Caliber II 50 Degree Trucks - $30
Landyachtz Switchblade 36 Deck - $120
2x @Boardnamics motor mounts - $30
2x 3D Printed 40t Wheel Pulley - $5 ish
2x @JLabs 15t motor pulley - $25
2x Belts - $10
@bigben Enclosure - $75
@akhlut X Things - $20

Electrical:
10s4p @psychotiller Battery - $288
2x Flipsky FSESC 4.12 - $116
2x Mini Remote with receiver - $40
2x Flipsky 6355 Motors - $130

Misc:
Wires/connectors/cables - $40
Paint/glass Frit - $30
Hardware - $45

Total approximate cost - $1024 USD

2 Likes

Ooh that’s nice, I’m probably gonna have a few similar parts

What MTB deck did you buy at first? I’m looking for one soon!

The battle axe doesnt have a kicktail

I would suggest something like the earthwing team 37

37x9.5 with slight kicktail and on muirskate for $80

1 Like

Rip…I thought it would be enough if a tail to point turn

I’m thinking, given your history… Mid tier build with proven parts, and stay away from extremes.

The core would be something like:

• 10s4p
  • 2 x 6355 (I’m leaning toward bkb)
  • 2 x focbox or a unity
  • 100mm-ish good brand urethane (97mm flys (real ones) or 100mm boas if you can find a set)
  • calibers
  • basic mounts that have a great track record
  • 15/36 or 15/40 12mm belt drive
  • simple charge only bms
  • 2a charger

staying away from:

• 12s
  • huge or heavy wheels
  • marginal esc
  • crazy weight
  • exotic and very shiny new cool stuff

This will get you in the game with a reasonable price build that will likely stay running with minimal downtime. Then, you start saving for the exotic/premium build that will most likely have lots of downtime for repairs.

Good luck either way, stay in the game!

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna reuse my MTO 6355 motors and Unity because of course I will, since I have the cells/BMS/charger for a 12s4p I kinda feel I have to but I’m gonna try getting assembled professionally

I really want this to feel good under my feet so a legit deck, nice TKP trucks, and I’ve already bought some 6x2s (I love the pneumatic on TKP style)…all discount if possible though

TBH I’m not that big a fan of urethane anymore so I’m gonna sell my current ones… anyone want some ABECs or Unstoppables?

Definitely staying in the game though…I’m loving it!

1 Like