Possible fresh start

I get you want a nice board with the latest and greatest from the top esk8 vendors but sometimes it’s good to take a step back and get some less expensive not as fancy parts but proven reliable parts like the ali 6x2 instead of haggy 6x2 (just one example the same could applied to deck,trucks etc) and get a really reliable board before deep diving to get the latest and greatest.

-just my 2 cents tho

3 Likes

I’ll try finding the cheaper copies of most of my parts, I’m thinking the $1100 range rn?

Kinda stumped for trucks though, I really want TKPs and the cheapest I found that look good for this are the SR Grindz…still $120 a set

1 Like

Maybe pick only certain things to splurge on like trucks and a deck

The tkp grinds 8m have a slight different hanger than tkp hex 10m. They are rounded at the bottom. Just a heads up.

I’m leaning towards that, I really want it to feel good as a board and reasonable as an electric one…I can’t find anything like the LY battle axe (massive wheel cutouts and kicktail) that seems promising

Yeah right! In eskate building it never stops, you say after this board I’m done and then you just make another one. I’m just shy of 2 years into the hobby and between pre-built and diy have 5 boards.

1 Like

Will the boardnamics SR TKP mounts work well enough? I just want something reliable after hella issues with the fucked TB and Paris mounts

Lol, my bank begs to differ :joy:

But yeah, I have a reputation for tinkering…I’ll go though a board a year until I graduate at least

1 Like

If you want surfrodz tkp get the 10mm hex. Idk if the grinds will work. (They are same price)

I might have some tkp baseplates you can have tho. Ill have to look.
Also check out https://www.skateshred.com/wholesale-blank-longboard-decks/blank-free-ride-and-downhill-longboard-decks.html
Decks with kicktails less than half the price of the battle axe.

2 Likes

Yeah the 10mm ones were what I were looking at, it still says Grindsz somewhere on the page though and I’m blind

I was looking at those decks but nothing looks like it will play nice with 6x2 wheels on 177mm hangars.

What’s the biggest motors I can get on those 177mm trucks? I think any flat end 6355/6354/5055 will fit as a dual

Oh. You wants kicktail and pneumatics,

How about deck on far left?

Yeah…hella twisty shitty sidewalks with curbs and teens on phones everywhere. I get stranded with my 40" all the time

The white one? I’m setting the length at 35" to 38"…that looks 40ish?

Its probably 40. But has a kicktail and definitely works with pneumatic. @DerelictRobot has built a few boards with them.

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe… I’m really hoping to find something more sleek and asymmetrical though, possibly a DB9

Well if you want it, it’s yours for like $30 shipped.

Oh that’s not bad, I need to think some more but thanks!

1 Like

How to make a fresh start:

1. Determine what you specifically want to build (the hard part).
  2. See if you already have the parts you need.
  3. Sell the stuff you don’t need.
2 Likes

This is a build I did that was under the “awesome but still budget kinda” strategy

Mechanical:
90mm ABEC clones - $20
Caliber II 50 Degree Trucks - $30
Landyachtz Switchblade 36 Deck - $120
2x @Boardnamics motor mounts - $30
2x 3D Printed 40t Wheel Pulley - $5 ish
2x @JLabs 15t motor pulley - $25
2x Belts - $10
@bigben Enclosure - $75
@akhlut X Things - $20

Electrical:
10s4p @psychotiller Battery - $288