Poll about lockups

super dangourse

1 Like

Having a cutout might as well be a lock up. Worth adjusting in Vesc tool to make sure when you’re most expecting huge torque and leaning off the front it doesn’t cut out for “safety”.

2 Likes

I think if u cook the magnets and they lose their force you’re more likely to get an over current shut down and get thrown as well. When the magnets start to fail you’d be over compensating with the throttle and pulling more current.

3 Likes

Fuck I was just coming here to ask if you cursed your esc. How bad is the body and board damage?

4 Likes

I fell in a really really bad spot. Right next to the on ramp of the ben franklin bridge in Philly. Thank fuck there was no traffic behind me then.

It felt like one motor legit braked and the other kept swimming. Board was fine. My left thigh is banged up good. Need to invest in hip pads.

That lazy rolling hoodie legit saved my shoulder/elbow. My wrist was saved by my slide puck.

The right motor braked and sent the board hard right. My front foot got stuck on the davega and I plopped on the ground like a bitch hard as fuck on my left side. I wish I got it on my fucking gopro but my battery is shit and dies after like 1 hour.

6 Likes

Ok so the way that this shit was acting when it chucked me was very suspect. I thought at first maybe my motor was fucked but I remember this same shit happened with my old board when a bullet came disconnected.

When that happens, whenever you go to brake or throttle up. It will full brake. Sometimes if it’s rolling good enough it’ll find position and keep on keeping on… Other times you get thrown like a little bitch.

7 Likes

Tape up that sucker with some electrical tape

3 Likes

+1 for electrical tape or heat shrink on your phases. I’m told any exposed metal on phases can short each other, so there’s some more incentive.

2 Likes

I had this happen at a low speed and ran it off on my first board

Since the bullet connections were mounted on the enclosure itself, it was very obvious. On all my internal boards and boards I build for people now, I electrical tape them. On my sisters board that I literally never open I think I put some of the adhesive heatshrink over the connections.

1 Like

Only proper ‘lockups’ i’ve had were caused by phase shorts.

I’ve had several discharge bms have their wicked way with me tho :expressionless:

2 Likes

:arrow_up:

THIS

4 Likes

#FuckBMS

2 Likes

BMS can be great to charge and monitor with. You don’t have to discharge/regen through them :wink:

Fully agree. As long as they are outside my esk8.

2 Likes

No way, f dat

Now you playing connector games LoL

I would rather have a nice multi-pin connector sitting idle in my esk8 than adding electrical components inside the enclosure to get shaken and rattled and fucked up, as well as taking up precious battery space. All that shit can live at home, duct taped to my charger lol

1 Like

There are a lot of nice multi pin connectors out there, IP68 rated too.

This system of charging would not fly at NYC group rides. Bypass is the way.