Poll about lockups

Lockup poll
  • I have experienced a lockup on my electric skateboard due to electrical failure
  • I have never experienced a lockup
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

1 Like

This is here because I have lately gotten more concerned about my safety on an esk8 and I know it’s a dangourse “sport” but I was curious to see others experiences.

1 Like

My other is I have experienced loss of power due to improperly setting up my remote. Not as dangerous as lockup, but loss of power will still send you off the front of the board.

3 Likes

Ya loss of power is just as bad

There aren’t many things that cause lockup, and it’s almost always user error in setup or improper care taken to insulate phase wires, etc.

It’s dangerous, but no more dangerous than you make it.

7 Likes

technically it was my board, but the “lockup” happened when my friend was on it. after crossing a road going on the little slope leading to the pavement, my friend full throttle for lolz maybe, that’s when the belt snapped and the wheels were right at the tiny little slope curb. at first i thought it was a lockup, but nope, it was belt snapping at the right moment where it looks like a lock up

5 Likes

The feather remote sent me flying…Do not know if this counts as a lockup but basically from almost full acceleration to autobrake without any warning… I did learn my lesson. Never accelerate more than you have to and always have control over your board even if everything fails in the next second never trust the electronics 100%…

3 Likes

I get loss of power on my lingyi on 3 occasions:
1.Turn on remote, don’t let it flash it’s diodes (start driving too quickly), one motor ether doesn’t work or theres delay response.
2.Bail out (fail to take corner, run in the grass), loss of power to one or both motors, expected, restart fixes it.
3.Total loss of power in a noisy area (I believe ive found one specific point in one of the streets in riga where my board cuts out due to noise).

There’s been couple of close encounters with rocks, but never due to motor failiure etc. Though for this season I opt for more safety gear just because of huge amount of scooters cluttering the roads.

2 Likes

Never had a situation where the hardware failed on me and thrown me off. Only signal issues in heavy interference areas.
That said, each remote handles bad signal in a different way

2 Likes

So I guess the next question would be how common is it to have remote issues especially in cities like nyc Seattle and Sf

1 Like

There’s generally hotspots where you always have signal issues. The more you ride the more you find them

1 Like

Hit 100% duty cycle earlier today with @Gabe (I found your @ :upside_down_face:) Was on the Emtb tho so it just made me hit the drift for a couple feet

1 Like

I was on a wowgo and it locked up as soon as the battery died, the remote would vibrate at 20% battery and then slowly come to a rolling stop once 0% but then after some time it started going from less slowly rolling to lock up and battery dead (at 20km/hr) I didnt fall down but ran off the board. Anyone know why? Was it just more voltage sag because the cells are older? It wasnt a one time thing. From then on it happened everytime I drained it to 0%. I would still slowly lose acceleration power as I approached 0% but it would lock up at 20kph.

Full lockup due to mechanical failure. Helical gear came loose when loctite failed and pulled the bell off the can, misaligning the magnets.

4 Likes

Ya I feel if you have lockup’s on a board with bindings that you might have a chance of not eating complete shit

Did you get injured?

Some hand scrapes, nothing bad.

I had a truck snap underneath me once… That was the worst damage I’ve done to myself and also when I started wearing protective gear other than just a helmet.

3 Likes

I forgot I had an account lol. Also your bio should be youngest esk8 champion bc I am younger than you.

5 Likes

Meh still works, I built a board younger then you :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Hm I built one in 5th-6th grade so…