Pocketable Fuel Gauges: pictures and howto [serious]

How do I wire it? Project box with a c13 male to female inside and this wired to it?

1 Like

2 many wires 4 ya?

1 Like

Weirdly, it’s the opposite. I seriously love overcomplicated/overengineered setups. And this feels too simple

1 Like

I would not use a project box, I would just epoxy the stuff together.

Thank you for this thread! Saves this noob from more holes(fault points) in enclosure than necessary.
:v:

2 Likes

That’s the reason I made the first one LoL

1 Like

8 Likes

Ran out of JB weld? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Found a better way. This is a more fluid epoxy but I kept it rotating the entire time it cured so it didn’t drip off.

5 Likes

I feel like if you made a cool 3d design cove you could have a Nice Gold mine on your hands your thoughts? less holes in your Enclosure equals less water :call_me_hand:

1 Like

That technically already exists. Mike made one

2 Likes

Sweet I’ll look it up :v:

3 Likes

I want to see it built into a slide puck/remote

I love extra useless shit like that…

1 Like

I was thinking key ring or like a military tag necklace

1 Like

In all honesty, I use these more now for chargers instead of for boards. Bluetooth is pretty awesome LOL

But I do have some non-bluetooth boards that I use them occasionally in. I generally just ride them with no battery guage at all, wired or unwired. I know about how far they go. I can just sense when I’ve gone too far and need to return.

1 Like

7 Likes

I found that if i measure through the charge port i get a lower voltage than though the pos and neg (daly bms) dont you guys have this?

1 Like

How much lower? Is it about 0.65V?

1 Like

Hmmm maybe even a bit more, my father who i was visiting started going on diode loss rambles or something :rofl:

Actually my battery had a bad cell group last week so i had to dismantle it and cannot show it anymore, feelsbad.

2 Likes