Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

you didn’t get a chance at esk8con?!?!?! so grippy!

3 Likes

I’ve always thought they’d be shit but that the 6x2s have a stiff enough sidewall that I can ride them flat so these are still on a long forgotten late night aliexpress esk8 list

3 Likes

Welp, my tires don’t seem to be round/ not seating correctly on these hubs

Who has some tips/tricks for me to try ?

I’ve already tried the following:

1. Remount (2x)
  2. New tubes (2x)
  3. Remount but try to keep them centered.
1 Like

I run them no wheel weights on v2 pentagrams and cst are buttery smooth at 35mph. I had to balance my previous rockstar ii with kenda quite a bit to get rid of wobble.

Did you apply any superlube to the bead before mounting? This can help the bead mount evenly. Do you have any other hub you could mount them on? BN GT3 should be a tighter fit for the bead and may run true on them.

You might be the first to mount them on trampas which would be unfortunate if they just don’t play well with them.

2 Likes

Do you think dish soap would work? Or maybe baby powder?

Ugh, these are the only hubs that work with these trucks and these gear drives.

1 Like

Yeah dish soap should work just as well.

4 Likes

Idk how but the soap made it worse lol

So I think I just got unlucky with this batch, Artem is such a bro and is sending me a new set to replace these :pray:

1 Like

I had the same problem with my cst tires. Turns out the tire ID is tiny bit too big for my hubs, so when you pump air the inner tube wont bulk evenly and creates wobble.

Adding rubberbands to the hub to “fill up” the gap helped

1 Like

Or maybe 3D print a shim so the bead can sit evenly?

2 Likes

What’s the ID?

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this I recently got my hands on pneumatics for my LY evo DIY. They’re evolve hubs with BKB V2 tires. I have noticed the bearings sit a little loose in the evolve 5 spoke hubs and was wondering if that is normal or if there is a way to address it. Any help is appreciated. If there is any other advice people have I am more than happy to hear it. Have 58t and 16t pulleys and am running 12s4p p42A pack. Don’t know what you might wanna know so trying to put it all here.

1 Like

Were they tight on the trampa bead, or do they slide off the hub easily for removal?

It’s worth trying another batch, but my money is on the hubs being the issue. If you can test these on a BN GT3 hub, I bet they will run smoothly.

It’s possible it’s been stretched a bit. Not sure if there is a fix for this really, I’d say just be sure to use the correct amount of spacers and you’ll be mostly fine. How fast do you ride?

Wrap kapton tape around the bearing.

1 Like

Should be fine as long as proper spacers are used. I have used small strips of painters tape in precision parts that had a bit of play. Would recommend doing that as well as making sure spacers are right

3 Likes

So I had some slight imbalance on mine when I mounted them to my impalers. 2 things, I noticed they weren’t stretching all the way, so I used some dawn dish soap and that helped them fill it out.

After a little while of sitting they just kind of settled and now they look almost entirely perfect.

I think yeah you could be unlucky or maybe the ID isn’t quite right

unfortunately I tried that with no luck :confused:

1 Like

Sadness. Maybe just got unlucky then

Looking forward to seeing how these feel…they look nice!

7 Likes