Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Personally I have found them to not need weights, up to 50mph there is absolutely no vibration on my setup.

2 Likes

Wheel weights = skill issue.

Change my mind :sleeping:

2 Likes

Mine definitely did (one wheel needed 20g!), but there’s a bunch of variables to it. The Rockstars I use aren’t exactly precision, had to warranty one of them for trueness.

Interesting, maybe it was a difference in batches or something, I’m on 3ds CNC rims and they seem to be pretty perfect but with my kendas they needed weights. Maybe I just got lucky with my set

I dont bother balancing them, alum is heavy and negates the stem. But I dont go over 30mph.

1 Like

What are the two small bolts for? I used them to secure the air stem in place. I havd no idea what they are for.

1 Like

what are these tires?

1 Like

Anybody here used the trampa golfa tires?

i think @Evwan was asking about it awhile back, not sure if he end up getting any

1 Like

trash

1 Like

How so?

Anyone try the go kart slicks?

2 Likes

Pretty sure @Swol_Moon has or something similar .

2 Likes

Man… this is the third time this week I’ve gotten pinged for these things lmao. These tires are awesome for any sort of street riding. Make sure you have 2.5-3 inch wide hubs to go with them. They’re pretty balanced and an absolute cheat code for tarmac. They’re pretty durable on road from what I can tell so far and the roads around me are shit at times. If you want a race wheel for everyday riding on pavement and have the power to push, these are a great option. They do eat battery tho, just keep that in mind.

4 Likes

These are what I use but i get them from Azusa: https://azusaparts.com/product/8-300-x-4-regular-slick-tire-4-ply-3-0-wide-7-8-od/

8 Likes

General thoughts on the qind 200x75 / phatty tire?

1 Like

Has anyone, used or read about these foam core 6x2s? I was thinking about getting them but not sure how they will do around 30mph and what it means in terms of range.

6 Likes

I forgot who but someone made their own foam inserts on here from bike stuff. Can’t remember how fast they went on it.

last time I tried solid tires was like 6 years ago, it was one of these that were known to expand at around 24mph and slide off the hub, had a lot of resistance.

2 Likes

I believe there is still a future for non-pneumatic AT wheels. It will require some serious engineering but I think it can be done. Talking about solid wheels, I hope I get a chance to try the Stooge Racing wheels in the near future.

5 Likes