Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Any reason you prefer these over the fivestars?

Those are my exact thoughts on why I like the 5stars so much but they also take a 9" tire size.

2 Likes

Sightly better compatibility with some drives, usually easier to get hold of in black, allow higher psi if your ever in need of a range boost.

But honestly if you want 9" five-star is the way to go.

Trampa twatlads are also good option for 9" or wider 8" tyres. Similar cost and weight to a five-star.

2 Likes

Ahh that’s a very good point. They are a decent bit wider and take up more axle.

What determines the maximum PSI of a tire? For example MBS tires are rated to 60PSI, while CSTs are only up to 36PSI. The CSTs are considerably stiffer when flat, but I lose way more speed when they’re full compared to the MBS tires at a similar PSI, and I get 20% worse range despite the fact they’re slicks vs knobblies.

1 Like

Anyone have any experience with these 6x2s? I have clevers on a set of Tiller hubs that I haven’t run yet and I just know I’m gonna wanna put something a little more knobby on them

2 Likes

@Nacho has a pair, not sure if hes ridden them

1 Like

Those are the ones people say are wobble as fuck

1 Like

Anyone know if a decent 6x2 w knobby tread?

1 Like

Short Tested, ride quality very very good. Tire tracks at speed was fantastic. Grip quality decent and predictable. We didnt have a chance to measure total lateral grip with adjusted air pressures Also a single drive is not a good way to test turn center off grip. Good fun solid option.

2 Likes

You might be able to get these to work on the rims. Maybe.

6x2 Tire with Inner Tube 6x2 fits Electric Scooter for Modified Wheel 160mm Pneumatic Tyre Electric Scooter F0 Pneumatic Wheel|Tyres| - AliExpress

1 Like

Ya I saw these… looks like they’re a touch big for the Tillers but I’ll take some measurements when I’m hm. You ever run these tires?

73.66 rim and a 78mm tire.

Not haven’t tried that why I said maybe

1 Like

Thx bro. They could have some potential.

I think you have some wiggle room with the fit, hopefully they are round and straight.

give them a try for science

1 Like

Did you ever try these? Sorry if I missed the post. Thinking about getting a set.

Any reason I shouldn’t buy this? Sweet deal for what looks like 8 inch clevers…

https://a.co/d/gIDRmVB

Whoa these are interesting

Yep! They ride well for me. Not perfectly balanced but I don’t notice imbalance on 9" tires as much as 8".

1 Like

I’ve ridden generic amazon 200x50, they work fine. Good solid budget option, average performance all around and nothing to complain about.

3 Likes

I went through these tires in two rides and half a track session. I wore through the tire and into the tube. One tube popped mid turn and the other tube popped on the way to the car. Would recommend kendas, those last a long time.

1 Like