Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Thanks!

Seems like a lot of these wheels use 608 bearings but the pulleys have 10mm ID bearings.

If you have 8mm axles, (thinking bn220s here) are your best options Torqueboard AT and the new Hoyt St wheels?

You could use wheels like superstars on 8mm axles with 638 bearings. (pulleys with bearing would not fit though).

2 Likes

The 8mm / 10mm differences are minor, just swap 6900 bearings for 608 bearings

It’s when you get to 12mm or some FUB size like 9.525mm that things get difficult.

3 Likes

What are the hole patterns for the Trampa hubs (Superstar, Megastar and Phatladz), I couldnt find this infromation the thread?

As far as I know this is correct for the Trampa Superstars. I made the drawing with various styles of measuring bolt pattern. I use the ring diameter personally. If anyone has a set, please confirm the dimensions.

4 Likes

Thanks @RipTideSports I use the ring diameter measurment also. Do you know if the Superstar, Megastar and Phatladz all have the same bolt pattern?

1 Like

I do not know, sorry. No Tramps in the quiver :slight_smile:

1 Like

All the same. Only the hypa from trampa is a different pattern

2 Likes

Thanks @bboybowzer that’s good to know.

Has anyone got any Trampa hubs and calipers to confirm @RipTideSports hole pattern dimensions?

1 Like

I’ve got some superstar clones and yup it’s accurate for mine anyway

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks mate

Is it possible to fit any tire bigger than 8 inch to Trampa superstars? like a 3d printed hub sleeve or even a harbor freight 8 inch ( 2.5 -4) tire. looking for bigger tires without buying new hubs.

New pneumatics from meepo finally released, haven’t added them to the wiki yet because of lack of information but here’s the announcement

165mm diameter, 65mm wide (nice), hubs that IMO look great and come in lots of colours, set of 4 hubs + tires etc + pulleys for $249, damn

8 Likes

That is a pretty good price for the set. The original 155mm tires on the Hurricane lasted less than 300 miles. On top of that the cornering performance was not very good. I am much more satisfied with the Sunmate tires I am currently running.

2 Likes

Does anyone know who makes the 165mm Meepo tires?

1 Like

Also appear to be missing an accurate shipping cost. Nothing of any real value / size ships for free to New Zealand. Or does it!?

1 Like

They do seem to have a lot of free/cheap shipping options, their boards ship for free to Ireland because they have an EU warehouse

5 Likes

That’s pretty cheap then, for 4 wheels, tyres and pulleys, if shipping is actually free. These are pretty new tho, anyone know if the hubs size fits other tyres? Doesn’t look like they’re selling just tyres by themselves which is strange…

1 Like

Yeah the question of which hubs they fit, general quality, availability of replacement tires, special tubes etc are why I didn’t add them as a listing to the wiki. Once I get more experience on pneumatics I’m tempted to try these out

2 Likes