Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Yeah I had some wobble on one of my 4 wheels when I moved up to 9". You have to be super careful about lining it up and keeping the hub centered while inflating it.

3 Likes

Ok I’ll give it another shot tomorrow. Hopefully this can be fixed. Nothing kills speed like tire wobbles

2 Likes

Hey,

Could anyone recommend a straight swap for some AT wheels for my setup. I have Caliber 2 Trucks with Kegal wheels currently. I am still a noob so bare with me.

Please see pic of my setup I want to replace.

Any support would be appreciated!!

1 Like

you can’t fit nummies on caliber 2 trucks unless they are the extended version. Also if it is single drive then i would highly discourage it since you will loose much power. best i can suggest is get bigger than wheels like 110mm but that will still affect your power and range

I think I might just wait for the parts to come from China to convert my MBS Board. and leave my current board as a street board. Thanks for your advise though.

1 Like

Beauty!

4 Likes

These back wheels are dead right?!?

6 Likes

13 Likes

you’re one rotation away from a getting a set of slicks!

7 Likes

How long did they last you

Looking good for another 300km as from wheels I’d say :smile:

1 Like

Thinking of trying larger wheels, but maybe with 2x deep dish and 2x primo 3 spoke since its the cheapest option for my gear drive.

Anyone looked at 10" street type pneumatic wheels?

Found a store that sell alot of nice wheels and 10" street type:
https://electricscooterparts.com/tires.html

TIR-3.00-4

They’re a solid retailer. I preferred them to monster scooter parts when I was messing around in the scooter world. Dude is super helpful and understands electronics control decently well.

Your wheel walls may bulge a bit over the rim though.

1 Like

I’m thinking of making an excel sheet to help determine what tires have
good grip/ bad grip - last long/don’t last long

i also want to learn to use excel better :grin: I forgot all the commands

Also, in your opinion, what % of the time does Good grip= last less long with the most common tires?

• 100%
  • 75%
  • 50%
  • 25%
  • @duckterperules is fucking awesome

0 voters

1 Like

Thanks for all these valuable info (hub/tire dimension have always been mysterious…).

As (past) mountainboard maker, fighting against weight, the 4 x 0,5 kg = 2 kg overload on a 6 kg board has always been a nightmare…

And being able to order from tires manufacturers (Cheng Shin is a large corporation that don’t care much about mtb) was really tricky.

For heavier E-boards, it’s a bit different but the need for reliability(speed, power and mileage)/accuracy (for gear transmission) has to be addressed.

My 10 cts contribution from an old rider would be that tires are useful between 6" HP for urban ride (if it reduces the weight otherwise PU) and 9" for light off-road/beaches (above that, it’s better to get a bike or 4wd car)

Another learning is that 8 mm are not strong enough for mtb riding. 10 mm is better (and 12 mm is you want to jump)… so it’s better to use 28mm OD bearing (22 mm OD like 6900 smaller balls than 608 and are weaker regarding axial loads)

Does someone tested gear transmission on a “plastic” hub (like MBS)? I want to know if it is accurate enough …otherwise aluminium hub will be needed.

1 Like

Are these the tires and hubs(april 29 post) the same as on yr profile pic…these here look like Lower profile ?Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

1 Like

No, my profile pic is trampa urban treads which are 165mm. the picture you linked to is the evolve 150mm.

2 Likes

Ok thanks,…looks Awesome with the evolve tires !!

2 Likes

What are the disadvantages of fivestars vs Rockstars? I read that Fivestars fit more tire options, are cheaper, but support a lower max psi of 50. Is the lower psi the only downside? I expect to ride 60/40 street/offroad carver, so looking at kenda 200 x 50 as offroad will almost always be packed dirt or gravel trails. Does the lower psi have a huge impact on range?

3 Likes

50 PSI is about 3.5 Bar which should be plenty for dirt and gravel trails, I run my tires at 2.5 bar, and I even use my board on streets quite often aswell.

2 Likes