Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

Good question I was told offset but they are a unique design

5 Likes

@frame do you have a measurements pic of the inner diameter of the cyclones rim?

1 Like

@Boardnamics Could you post a diagram like the mbs ones at the top of the thread?

2 Likes

yes

Me dum dum read it wrong, gimme a sec

6 Likes

Info on the gt3s from the man himself:

The hubs have MBS bearing spacing, so 22.2mm apart from inside edge to inside edge.

They’re heavily offset; the overall width is 55.6mm, and the board closest bearing is sunk in only 3mm from the outside most edge. The rest of the hub carries over outwards.

1 Like

Reposting for search and keeping

2 Likes

You get these yet? Curious about the fitment.
Hoping mine arrive next week.

3 Likes

I found these If some wants to roll the dice:

These look similar to clevers but round contact patch.

Also these Innovas? possibly

And Timo said these fit but I haven’t seen anyone confirm or try them.

3 Likes

With these, do you reckon they’d fit evolve/MBS size rims?

If they fit berg/sixshooter sized hubs that are 2.79" / 71mm diameter they probably won’t fit 3.75" / 95mm hubs

1 Like

@ducktaperules Can’t remember if this is in here somewhere but It should be pinned to the top maybe.

8 Likes

This is perfect. I keep typing these notations out and explaining what they mean and this explains it much better.

5 Likes

Is there any reason we don’t use something like this? Penumatic tubeless scooter tyre, I imagine (but haven’t checked) it’d be easy to get a scooter wheel for them too. They seem cheap enough, look rugged, don’t have to mess around with tubes and you can easily fill them with tyre sealant. Plus look at that nice chunky width

2 Likes

I suppose you wouldn’t need the split rim and ease of disassembly if there wasn’t tubes to fuck with.

just use plugs or screws with a bit of goop.

But it would be like mounting/taking off a bike tire but smaller and harder.

you would need a good air compressor and/or a big air tank that could expel alot of air quickly to get the bead to seal. or explode it on

2 Likes

Come on now, I think you know which option the dipshits around here are gonna take

3 Likes

Tubeless would be nice AF. For longevity and puncture repair, but shit once a tire needs to be changed. A good half of my work orders on scooters are tubeless tires changes and those things are a royal bitch to get on, even after a minute in the microwave. And as mentioned a good compressor is basically necessary to get the bead to sit right, plus some extra massaging and swearing.

IMO split rims are at least twice as easy to service, if not easier. On Wednesday I changed the tubes on my InfinityHubs and 2 hubs took me less time and less sweat than a single tubeless scooter.

I don’t want to imagine how hard a 150mm or less tire would be to pop over a rim.

1 Like

Just to help us dipshits get started

4 Likes

Car tires sure, but would you get similar results on something much smaller?

now imagine smaller and hard to deal with

3 Likes

The rumor was @Kaly was trying to make a tubeless pneumatic but I think it’s a lot harder than he thought :thinking:
I’m down for tubeless tires but not foam stuff

2 Likes