Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32846844838.html

They’re listing a 70mm wide hub, which is the ~2.8 inch. Post says no to bigger than 6"… but I’ll STFU at this point because I don’t have them on hand.

3 Likes

K have them on hand just in my bros room and he is sleeping

Cheers though

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

Order these and find out for us :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0021XPF9U

2 Likes

Anyone know about these

6X2, the hubs are solid (as in good, not density wise). I’ve pumped to 65psi using the original wheels and I’m pretty sure I can go even higher. Actually, I think tubes will give out first before the hubs will. Tubes are good up to 70psi I believe but I really wouldn’t trust that rating. Personally, I’ve been doing 62 psi and leaving them there.

If I’m not wrong, all hubs are more or less the same up to 8 inches. They all use 4 in hubs.

2 Likes

not too sure, you can keep track of the progress here :

1 Like

Just got some maytech 8x2 wheels with 10mm bearing but I am trying to use 8mm trucks

The bearings are larger then standard 8mm bearing so I cannot replace like that

Anyway I could use on 8mm axle or not really

Thanks for the help

pre-Awesomeness right here :

2 Likes

Picture creds to @RyEnd

Fivestars rule :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I’ve been thinking about getting some, are you going to use the MBS pulley?

If I get these tires I’ll put them on a gear drive

6 Likes

looking for the perfect pneumie tyre size - I have this inkling that 150mm dia x 67mm flat wide would be the PERFECT pneumatic for racing where grip is everything. One day perhaps…

200mm is a little too big on the range loss I reckon. the PSI needs to be as high as possible.

Apparently Psychotiller almost got it with 6" x 3" (152.5mm x 76.2mm) - someone needs to bring these back.

2 Likes

Aren’t racing and range inversely proportional though?

Wide aside, larger wheels run higher speeds per rpm. Idk anyone building a race board for range as well.

But then again I also see a lot of racers using urethane so maybe it’s all just preference of track, grip, etc.

1 Like

almost like race slicks! haha… I guess a urethane IS a race slick essentially. Just trying to figure out why wide wheels look so good on race cars like a Porsche or a Lamborghini, yet they don’t perform as well as smaller wheels requiring immensely more power for the torque, thus trying to find that perfect balance that will do well all round.

Anyway - it seems Psychotiller is intending to deliver the 6" x 3"s, so that’s exciting. Looks like Ernesto has 1st dibs on it though… a lot more interest on those than the 200mm x 75mms

2 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Any idea where the rockstar pros land?

I dont have them

With ya there. Love my 6x2s. 8" tires are just too heavy for a lot of boards, can really make things feel sluggish if you don’t have silly power.

1 Like

from the photograph on ernesto’s website the 8x3’s look like these qind 200x75’s 4ply 35psi max. five tires and inner tubes cost $112.40 free shipping within the continental united states

edited to correct the dims in fub