Please help me pick a battery and controller

So today I’m buying a Zesc warrior 6 (or raiden 7 would actually like your opinion on that) I have a flipsky 6374 on the way, I have my motor mounts and 18/36 timing pulleys,

What battery do I need to run it all? And can anyone recommend a cheap controller? I was looking at this :
https://www.amazon.ca/electric-Skateboard-Controller-Wireless-Transmitter/dp/B07L498PZR/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=vanpro&qid=1624031973&sr=8-4

My build is a single motor and I’m looking to keep the battery somewhat compact

1 Like

With a single you will need a battery that can do high amps to that one motor for torque and brakes. Proper gearing also really helps on single builds. What size wheels are you running? What kv motor? The more info you give the more we can help ya. Also that controller sucks. Get a mini remote if you on a serious budget or a vx1 or a hoyt puck if you don’t ever want to buy another one again ( think longterm)

2 Likes

find a deck and enclosure setup first, anything else comes after that.

6 Likes

I have both I thought that was understood. Trucks too, everything fits together

1 Like

We need to know what deck and enclosure so we can get you a battery that fits

3 Likes

It’s a landyachtz switch 40, the enclosure is top mounted through the truck bolts and it measures 7x11” square and can be adjusted from 2-4” tall with 2 different covers. the trucks are caliber 2 the motor is this one Electric Skateboard Brushless Motor 6374 190KV | Longboard | Flipsky – FLIPSKY

I want the battery and the esc to fit in those box dimensions.

My wheels are 97mm Bigfoot cored classics with bones reds and proper spacers.

1 Like

It’s going to be set up like a mountain board basically, just with longboard hardware and the battery not in the middle

1 Like

Can’t comment on the battery, but it seems like quite a large board to he pushing around with one motor. I would ask yourself why not save up for another week or longer and get another motor because you will have plenty more fun. It’s not a requirement just advice, also how do you plan on mounting the enclosure through the trucks? Did you get extended bolts or is the enclosure paper thin?

2 Likes

Also might help if the community has some photos to see what your working with…

2 Likes

Where do u plan on sourcing the pack? I think you could reasonably get away w a 12s2p Molicel P42a and have enough juice. Those cella are available right now from Liion Wholesale but you gotta jump on it.

And yes, pics are helpful. Also wondering why you chose to top mount your battery? Pretty sure there are good enclosures avail for this board.

2 Likes

I just like having the low ride hieght on my board, I’ve always rode drop decks or drop through with drop through risers, I like a board that sits as low to the ground as possible without deck bite, and I ride pretty hard and don’t want my electronics banging around on stuff at the bottom so I have it designed as out of the way as I can. I can take some pics tmw but it’s really nothing special, it’s just a rectangular box with some silicon

2 Likes

I haven’t even drilled any holes for the motor wires yet it’s just an empty box 7x11”

1 Like

Do u know how to solder and read a wiring diagram?

2 Likes

I can do some basic soldering, but only wires. If everything is labeled or it has a key I can read it otherwise probably not

1 Like

Ok then you’ll prob have to commision a battery. I’m willing to do your spot welds for u but if you’re not able to wire the pack then you’ll have to pay someone to build that pack to spec. DM me if u want the contact for a Toronto builder I know that may be able to do it for u.

2 Likes

What kind of cost am I looking at? Aren’t there premade packs I can buy?

1 Like

Yea sure, I don’t really know of any that are that small tho. I mean a single motor build isn’t made for preformance anyways so you probably could get away with a pre-built pack but I would see if any of the reputable makers on this forum can do it first.

2 Likes

Do you have any suggestions for reasonably priced Canadian makers? I would really appreciate some help sourcing one as I’m brand new to the community and don’t know anyone.

Would be nice if there was a list of resources somewhere based on country

1 Like

What’s your budget that will help

Here’s a couple of Canadians that I know off the top of my head that might help you

@Common_good
@Flasher
@moddedlife
@joshoujoe

4 Likes

Already talking to josh actually, super nice guy, he has a 6s10p that would fit but I’m not sure it has the voltage I’m looking for

1 Like