Place your random great ideas here (no stealing)

Yeah baby!

3 Likes

A metal box designed to house an ESC as well as act as a riser for a carver/mtb deck.

It would have to be super strong.
But it would allow you to do nothing but batteries in the enclosure and/or not have to top mount the esc above trucks.
Pluā€™s itā€™s a heatsink

8 Likes

Obnoxiously light flash beams that can be triggered at at least 2 power levels on both front and back.
One to signal that you give way, one to dazzle the fuck out of that bmw tailgating you

And, lights with official vesc software support through canbus

3 Likes

Sounds like a lot of ouch if you fall wile holding it

2 Likes

So you get even more chance to got rolled over ?

2 Likes

If i end up on someoneā€™s windshield, they get throatpunched no matter the circumstance. That flash is the last warning to back off

2 Likes

Make the whole thing a megaman style arm slide puck for all I care. Iā€™d settle for a picatinny rail on a remote for attachments.

4 Likes

Iā€™m building a board based on Appa from the Last Airbender and I low key want to install a small dog machine inside the enclosureā€¦

slowly inching towards full iron man suit (the prototype one)

3 Likes

Metroboard-X motor mounts have this already and I believe a really, really old enertion mount prototype had this as well.

edit: and Hoyt mounts as mentioned by @frame

3 Likes

Bondic super strong bonds JB weld alternative?

1 Like

Betcha it costs 40X more and is not 40X stronger

Hmmm the guy in his car is certainly an asshole and probably canā€™t drive properly,
with you being up on a board with nothing more than your jeans to protect you from an impact, you donā€™t want him to get blind and loose control

I want gear drives with it :joy: I need to learn CAD

2 Likes

1 Like

I trust that someoneā€™s first instinct when he canā€™t see forward isnā€™t to step on the gas. Emergency vehicles started using obnoxiously bright rear flashing lights to deter tailgaters, so far seems to work.

On the street, from my experience, the tailgaters seem to be the ones blissfully unaware of their carā€™s stopping distance, particularly in rain, then thereā€™s the ones that simply donā€™t consider you part of the traffic. They almost wipe you to get 3 meters in front of you, in your space you left for safe braking. Those are the true assholes that deserve a good burn spot on the retinas

1 Like

If someone sends me some of that, I will return the favor by sending them a video of how quickly and terribly it fails (not on an esk8 though; fuck that)

Or you can just discover that itā€™s crap and folks have already made such videos :rofl:

4 Likes

It does look like a pice of shit product, those Instagram/Kikstarter videos with epic instrumental music are a nono for me :thinking:

1 Like

Trampa has this on their open belt drive, one setscrew adjusts the motor mount plate on the motor mount.

1 Like

Haggy beat them to it as well, non AT however.

it works really well, real locknuts instead of threads in thin steel w/ loctite

1 Like