InfinitySink Development Thread - 2020 Community Influenced Universal Heatsink

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I forget how inventive this community is!

3 Likes

Let us see how this first heatsinks goes, learn from where we can make improvements and go from there.

For many people the current unit will be more than enough. For me, it is more than enough, I probably do not even need it at all.

It is clear that we will have to do a v2 run. And now that I am done working with the crappy factory, and have a better place that is more willing to try new things, it would be no problem to make two different versions.

1 Like

And of course, we can make basic prototypes on my new router at home, and higher quality test units on the haas at robotics.

So we doing this next?

s-l400-4 s-l400-3

9 Likes

Apparently

custom hardline loops coming soon…

4 Likes

This too please

4 Likes

I need to get done with school so I can start acting on all these wacky ideas :frowning:

4 Likes

Honestly though a 3d printed enclosure that’s waterproof and filled with mineral oil would be so cool.

3 Likes

I was just about to say. I am watching a LTT oil cooled PC video rn lol

4 Likes

Especially if it’s clear.

Oh. Cnc plexiglass box?

3 Likes

All you really need is a nice water tight pannel mount connector for the battery/motor connectors.

Also not sure how the remotes fair in mineral oil…

EDIT: no I’m an idiot. Waterproof cable glands should be fine

1 Like

Why not just clamp on liquid cool heat sink for a processor and mount the radiator above or in front of a pelican box. Then wire for for power.

Like a Corsair h50 I think is small

1 Like

Lol that’s an option too. But then you need a pump and whatnot. And it doesn’t fox the thermal interface problem

1 Like

Yeah there has to be a slick way to use an app to cool an esc. Probs just need a new contact plate.

Powering it is super easy. I’d be down to try it just for fun.

1 Like

with mineral oil, u need constant flow or else the heat will just get trap in the hotspot, u don’t need a reservoir just an ok-ish pump to make it work

but mineral oil + pump is already a nightmare to work with :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Have you seen how big the flux enclosure is? You can put a 12S6P 40T pack in it and still have half of the enclosure for cool accessory electronics/ESC(s)/BMS/cooling.

2 Likes

Maybe just a ball in there and constant skateboard motion stirs it?

just an idea

4 Likes

Yup. Plus the pump thing is really if You have a large pc case and need to move the heat to the radiator.
In my head the oil just works as a conductor to the case.

Mostly a joke. But could be interesting to test.

2 Likes

just throw in a tiny fan, it should keep the oil flowing

3 Likes

Maybe this should be in the confessional but I considered this for a second :rofl:

8 Likes