PKP Truck Products/Design Ideas and Feedback.

Seems a little overly complex which is cool but might be difficult to manufacture. Chubby bushings are restrictive enough? How about something less complex like this, keeping the center bushing set only.

2 Likes

What about alternating the bushing allignments, vertical/horizontal/vertical? I still have no idea how these work, but I help anyways. XD

1 Like

No one desires more. I can guarantee that no one needs more than a pair of grey chubbies for anything were doing.

6 Likes

Do you own stock in loctite?

Are you confident the additional hardware gives a tangible benefit in exchange for the increased complexity & part count? Is this solely to add heavier dampening via additional bushings?

Whatā€™s the design intent here? Iā€™m struggling to see what you hope to accomplish with this.

9 Likes

Tripling my bushing costā€¦ You working for riptide?

10 Likes

38 Likes

I heard @BenjaminF can help you out there

3 Likes

@joshoujoe Hope you like duck penis

5 Likes

The leiftech and summerboard put your feet right near the trucks, if there was more room if you wanted then you could move them in. I get foot bite in big shoes.

These fit channel truck bushings so I donā€™t know how they are any different besides the ability to put 3 sets of said shockblocks/HYbushings for the sole purpose of pissing you all off.

For anything you might be doing, sure. I want a modular system that could go beyond my needs and I always can just scale down.

That it does seem overly complicated as a whole but the basics of a 0 degree rod end truck with many many bushing choices seems basic enough an idea to me.

More than one thing, and they are very different uses. Therefor calling for an interesting modular design.

You have seen the Apex PKP and Stooge NKP threads? copy and paste bra

I said already in this thread to Mike but the idea being these are the most you could possibly want, so everything you donā€™t want you take off, if you permanently want them off you cut the baseplate and other bits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ^ here with the rod ends removed on the vertical bushing config you could adjust the hanger up and down using the kingpin/bushing nuts.

3 Likes

I understand both of those at a glance. This is moreā€¦ simultaneously complicated and tightly spaced.

2 Likes

Iā€™d have to actually handle a set to really get it i thinkā€¦ but if theyā€™re as customizable as you say it could be super interesting. Give it a modular casing so it can always look sleek and low key if you want :3

1 Like

yep all those screws on the bottom I wanted to use to mount a slick piece of plastic in case it scraped on something, set the screws in, it could wrap around the front and back and sides little too. Possible but more annoying to design it for the vertical bushing config, at least at the height with the rods installed.

speaking of adding things you can throw a set of skate wheels on it if you wanted to and had ankles of steel to grind these thingsā€¦

2 Likes

As an rkp head who is most interested in 3 links, but also wants a set of airs to slap the hanger between two rkpā€™s for science, why would I want these exactly? I like to be able to turn on a dime with 90% of the turn being front end. My back truck is currently veeeeeeery close to zeroed to avoid wobbles. I also want my front end to snap back into place like its on springs, with as little overcorrection/pendulum as possible, when I let go of a turn. Thats what my current setup lacks. So could this be tuned in such a manner?

3 Likes

You probably have a more snappier return to center with 6 bushings and no rods due to the less turning resistance from the rod end. I am not sure what you are asking about what you can do with this truck because besides it looking weird due to the heavy modularity it is not a real departure from traditional RKP/channel truck design. As reminded to us graciously and in adequately good english by Patrick:

The use case this triple kingpin version is to be made as wide as you want to fit massive wheels, as well as being good for flipping upside down and mounting in odd ways.

See these do look interesting out of sheer amount of load outs to play with. But push it even further. Adjustable angle baseplate, changeable outer shells with easy mounting pattern, perhaps even a low resistance spring attachment. I like the system overall and Iā€™d want one on hand, I run really experimental truck setups constantly to see what they do and have been since way before I converted to electric.

Thats my boosted setup lmao

4 Likes

Yep my current idea is I could make a version that fits @Boardnamics adjustable baseplates. That version could be a bit more like this design here

with two rods the same size as SRB NKP rod ends as to fit the riptide bushings designed for said trucks and rod ends. Prob would have custom axles not two srb ones combined like shown in pic^. No funky bolt on bushing seats or even shoehorned in shockblock channel truck bushings, although mounting for them could be included.

2 Likes

Those threaded bitsā€¦ I can haz another bushing there for extra dimension of floaty cushiony movement?

1 Like

What did I miss?

5 Likes

if your bushings are tight you would have no movement. I already posted one with no rods at all, just load up 4x 83a cones barely tight at all for softest feeling ride with some support still?? idk

I respect the idea and get what you mean but that is not reasonable.

Oh the funny mounting situation with this massive baseplate makes this seem a good use case for the PSYCHOFRAME style adjustable ride height suspension truck mount system.

I am talking about designing these trucks in mind to use with the low pressure urethane tires on a beach so if you want a softer ride than that we need to start talking about the Hovercraft Freeboard I am talking about here E-Freeboard Open source Electric Caster

1 Like

A specifically beach board is like 3rd on my list I live in Florida. And yes, max comfort, but for that purpose thats covered and im sold lol.
Edit: max comfort and sharp yet floaty turns. Thats how I imagine airs ride. But they probably arenā€™t as snappy as I want.

1 Like