Patreon Happened

He just wants you to call him Jesus like his mama does

4 Likes

Shirts are a def!! I don’t want to wear my builder shirt anymore so I need a new one!

1 Like

Iso patreon. Paypall for direct donations? I try to keep my monthly payments down :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My monthly income is zero, so this monthly support comes off an old scholarship :sweat_smile:
Glad to help keeping this running though and thanks for building this forum Damon!

2 Likes

I think you can make a one-off, or just cancel it after whenever you like

It’s optional, there is no sweat on this

2 Likes

I have no clue how patreon works :sweat_smile:

I registered an account in 3 minutes and made payment with PayPal, it’s painless and optional

This is not a fleece it’s to shoulder the burden collectively

4 Likes

Happy to chip in… thanks for making it happen @longhairedboy

4 Likes

damon at longhairedboy dot com is my paypal.

7 Likes

I think if the patreon thing gets really good and there is a slush there could be…and I’m going out on a limb here some kind of community give-back

I trust these people, I don’t think it would operate the same way in the other place

But I would laugh it off if we occasionally saw the mods toasting the occasional margarita Caribbean-side like the ending in Trading Places that’s cool too :joy:

3 Likes

ALL of the money from the patreon will go into esk8.news in one way or another. Any surplus will go to schwag or promotions and hosting level-ups. I do want to do t-shirts. Mostly because i like making them.

8 Likes

3 Likes

The hosting is going to go up. Makes sense to make a few buckets for the money to go into.

6 Likes

Looking good Billy-Ray!

Feeling good Louis!

2 Likes

Thx. Done

5 Likes

I has no cutesy title :sob: By I like friends of Esk8.news or I :heart: Damon

1 Like

I just ran through the entire list or patreon supporters and updated thier forum titles and made them all Level 3 (Regular)

there may have been 2 or 3 people i couldn’t update because i didn’t have forum emails for you, just alternates. Bioboards and Hoyt are two of them. A couple of people gave me thier alt addresses and i found them.

7 Likes

@longhairedboy It might be an unpopular opinion, but donation should be optional in my opinion and that shouldn’t be indicated anywhere. This can lead to discrimination or a sense of shame for not having done it.

Also, I thought being a regular requires that you put in the work(or have on the other forum). Granting regular to everyone who pays $2/¢20 doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Fully agree. That’s why I kind of stayed at custom titles at first. :slight_smile:

Some regulars got transferred from the old home, so maybe they just got 1:1, as regulars did the patreon? I dunno, just speculating.

how does one select/get that friend of esk8.news - badge ?