PARTS AVAILABLE - 4rd GB Hammock_Adjustable Baseplates- SR RKP, and Standard RKP Trucks (also TB Direct Drive compatible)

if might be possible to make both versions. I really like the compact one. SR has shorter distance from pivot cup and kingpin so a longer tail, needed for the 0 degree version, hurts my feelings :crazy_face:

5 Likes

So is it the SR RKP 20 deg is the same height as the 0 standard RKP and SRTKP due to limitations of the kingpin. The SR RKP 0deg would be 20mm taller than all the others?

1 Like

There is no kingpin limitation. For the Standard RKP the distance from pivot to kingpin is longer so make it 0 degree makes more sense aesthetically. The SR RKP has shorter distance so the whole part looks more slick with 20 degree angle. If I add the tail to get it to zero degree I will try to make it as much angular as possible to impact less on the final shape but of course you have to add material at the adapter tail as support for the 0 degree. I will make the model and see how much longer it gets. I can’t be sure before make it

2 Likes

Just ordered a set :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks

1 Like

Made the 0 degree model for SR RKP. Only thing I am not sure is the machinability of the nut pocket. With the added tail to accomodate the 0 degree position the pocket is gonna be pretty deep and narrow and find an end mill capable of that with small radius is difficult. I will check for it, otherwise I can probably reach 10-5 degree if zero is not possible.

2 Likes

@rey8801 are you accepting request for color this time?

Wouldn’t you only need 20° for a carver? Since at 50° Baseplate and 30 degree tips you are 30° above “zero” (50°) and then if you did 20° baseplate and 30° tips you are at “zero” (50°) The only problem I see is if you wanted to make them wedged for speed (45/35 or whatever) you wouldn’t be able to do that.

2 Likes

We need that speed too lol…

2 Likes

That what I do with the Choochoo, but I understand the need to reach 0 degree. I made the other model and now when get home after the flight I will post the difference. I only have to figure it out if the pocket for the nut is possible with the added length.

1 Like

Speed is everything :slightly_smiling_face: I agree, 0° would be the best :love_you_gesture:t3:

2 Likes

Last time took it over 2 weeks delay just for a set since you have to wait they do something else in that color. I think it’s easier to stick to raw and black. If there are more people interest in the same colour then will be easier.

1 Like

:triumph: now this comes up! I just bought the Sr tkp baseplates

2 Likes

Well of that can make you feel better I also have all the stock baseplates :grin:

Just filled the form!

Currently running BowerySurf ones on the ChooChoo but I feel yours are lower and full raw… :heart:

4 Likes

Something tells me you picked raw :joy:

2 Likes

Filled out form for SR RKP!

3 Likes

put in for a pair for Sr rkp
I’m in NYC, if others local to me wanna order and combine, lemme know

1 Like

Thanks guys!
Yes sure
@Scepterr If someone wants to combine shipping let me know. Single package with 2 hammock for one board to US is 21 Euro. With 4 hammocks it goes to 36Euro, but then with 36 Euro you can send up to 5kg so can fit more baseplates. 2 hammocks are about 700g.

1 Like

so 7 sets 36 shipping?