PKP Truck Products/Design Ideas and Feedback.

You probably have a more snappier return to center with 6 bushings and no rods due to the less turning resistance from the rod end. I am not sure what you are asking about what you can do with this truck because besides it looking weird due to the heavy modularity it is not a real departure from traditional RKP/channel truck design. As reminded to us graciously and in adequately good english by Patrick:

The use case this triple kingpin version is to be made as wide as you want to fit massive wheels, as well as being good for flipping upside down and mounting in odd ways.

See these do look interesting out of sheer amount of load outs to play with. But push it even further. Adjustable angle baseplate, changeable outer shells with easy mounting pattern, perhaps even a low resistance spring attachment. I like the system overall and I’d want one on hand, I run really experimental truck setups constantly to see what they do and have been since way before I converted to electric.

Thats my boosted setup lmao

4 Likes

Yep my current idea is I could make a version that fits @Boardnamics adjustable baseplates. That version could be a bit more like this design here

with two rods the same size as SRB NKP rod ends as to fit the riptide bushings designed for said trucks and rod ends. Prob would have custom axles not two srb ones combined like shown in pic^. No funky bolt on bushing seats or even shoehorned in shockblock channel truck bushings, although mounting for them could be included.

2 Likes

Those threaded bits… I can haz another bushing there for extra dimension of floaty cushiony movement?

1 Like

What did I miss?

5 Likes

if your bushings are tight you would have no movement. I already posted one with no rods at all, just load up 4x 83a cones barely tight at all for softest feeling ride with some support still?? idk

I respect the idea and get what you mean but that is not reasonable.

Oh the funny mounting situation with this massive baseplate makes this seem a good use case for the PSYCHOFRAME style adjustable ride height suspension truck mount system.

I am talking about designing these trucks in mind to use with the low pressure urethane tires on a beach so if you want a softer ride than that we need to start talking about the Hovercraft Freeboard I am talking about here E-Freeboard Open source Electric Caster

1 Like

A specifically beach board is like 3rd on my list I live in Florida. And yes, max comfort, but for that purpose thats covered and im sold lol.
Edit: max comfort and sharp yet floaty turns. Thats how I imagine airs ride. But they probably aren’t as snappy as I want.

1 Like

ok I realize you mean on that version with the channel truck bushings not the stacks of barrel bushings oops sorry. Maybe mayyybe you could stack some urethane slices and washers there but it would be tight.

Honestly the channel truck bushings need a custom baseplate. Maybe the baseplate I design with only a single rod end and two bushing seat set locations could be customized to fit them better.

You would not HAVE to buy the dual rod triple bushing setup it is just possible to cut that one up into a smaller/lighter truck. haha prob best to just sell it however in that case.

1 Like

Just gotta change 1 part x)

1 Like

see with this many dimensions of different resistances and rebounds and whatnot, you could tune a lot of unique little things. Like how it feels when I run my back truck backwards or drastically different bushings right where I want em. So you could, say, make it so it snaps back in the front horizontally very hard, yet every other pivot point of the turn could be soft.

1 Like

I think you could even isolate each of the two+ rods and a bushing seat to be their own independently tilting axle if you wanted. (only working in 0 degree unless using tank tracks) Not enough room between them for any big wheels however. Would need scaled lengthwise unreasonably… Sounds like the awesome kind of suspension truck you would need to shred thane wheels off road though!!!

I’m fully on board with these now lmao. So like. My rkp or a weird ol tkp has 2 bushings. I run, back end so complicated it’d need a whole post back end backwards mounted near zero angle tkp, hard af torqueboards stock dark purple barrel bearing “roadside,” orange orang barrel boardside. Front end, orange orang cone boardside, green probably krank cone, both tip to road. With dkp or airs id get twice as many options or so for little feel tweaks. With this you get exponentially more. applauds foster youd love my best friend im tryna force onto here.

1 Like

lol well when I get it all organized I’ll drop the CADs

And hopefully I can get all your suggestions for wild ideas you think might work with them.

Widen them so the horizontal holds 2 bushings on each end!!! Lmao

1 Like

@RipTideSports would have a fit playing with them then

2 Likes

I will not be adding any more kingpins until I get a pic of someone bottoming out their truck’s lean with 6 fully torqued down bushings.

1 Like

Probably the only person in the world with enough thane to not feel the pain.

Trucks are the most interesting and tunable part of this. A deck is done when its done. A battery is the same. All the electric parts serve to make board go. Trucks are where you make it YOUR ride.

1 Like

Now I am thinking about a tiller style 0 degree pivot cup bushing pivots. @Kai it would not be better comfort to no pivots but better than rods and for sure lighter. Easier to source the BOM them also I think.

Lol with 2 pivot cups you could ride with no steering bushings! NKP style.

Channel truck bushings on urethane pivots :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thats some funky motion right there. Carve into a turn, with the right bushings you might be able to just lift your foot and it self corrects o.o but thats an ideal lol