Ostriches: Will you fuck it or will it fuck you? Stay tuned to find out

Idiocracy yes, bitterness nah, it’s all love baby

3 Likes

And lies and misinformation and assumptions and bullshitt

1 Like

Well I found better love on amazon. Its higher quality than yours and is actually premium.

2 Likes

lets see the hat. And the pimple faced sock fucker it used to belong to.

6 Likes

Well now it belongs to a different pimple faced sock fucker, my socks are crispier than a fried drv chip

4 Likes

Kevlar is a type of aramid. You are correct there’s two types of manufacturing processes. Aramid has a “wet” and “dry” manufacturing process. I forgot which one Kevlar falls under.

1 Like

I think we’re completely forgetting that the op had good intentions and that’s to save a few people some money by giving a cheaper alternative. Sure, the timing was poor but good intentions nonetheless.

Personally I ride naked but to each his own 🤷

15 Likes

So that’s what’s happening on those San Jose group rides😏

2 Likes

F*** @Kellag for trying to help the community save money.

I hope you wear Kevlar pasties and banana sock.

1 Like

I’m just hunkering down for clouds essay. 45 mins now

6 Likes

Phrasing is very important.
No one would have batted an eye if you said “here’s a cheaper option”
But he said these two products are the EXACT same and said don’t support this vendor.

I speak in hyperbole fo sho

I think the main thing for you to try and take away from this @Kellag is that if you want to be an opinionated condescending twot you’re going to need a little humility.

Maybe also trying to impress your bros on the internet with a barrage of “harsh truths” that aren’t very harsh or true is quite sad :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I think you’re silly

This is a valuable thread, and we should applaud the intent to provide multiple options for any and all safety gear to our community.

The Amazon hoodie is very boxy, which means it fits loosely on thin people. The inner seams are a little rough, so long sleeves underneath is strongly recommended.

These hoodies have no such issue:

personally, I think hoodies make little sense overall. the hood is useless.

what I wear:

analog MTB:

This content does not belong in @LAZYROLLING Dan’s thread. We do not have (or need) rules to “defend” vendors. I bought a set of the Lazyroller wheels and they ride like any other Chinese wheel and I have never thought a single negative thought about Lazyrolling.

To wit, many of us bought the wheels, yet we never see them in our builds. Is that a knock against LR? Hardly. No product is perfect, so let’s keep it real.

Take a step back and see one of our star athletes is suggesting to our community a way to save a buck and be safer.

There’s no malfeasance in that action, just a clumsy delivery because Kellen believes, as I do, that we are among friends and no such pretense is required.

Fact is, Kellen rides more miles, at greater speed, than almost all of us do every weekend. He sees what works, and what doesn’t, across dozens of riders in BAESK8 from direct experience.

This is no keyboard warrior. Arrogant? Perhaps, but I would be too if I were the love child of Tom Hanks and Morrissey.

The opposite of arrogance is called sheeping: mindlessly following the crowd, pleasing others, doing as you’re told in return for feeling a false sense of comfort.

That’s not how we do, here. The industry follows us, the riders. The community trusts us, the builders and designers. If this community were to turn corporate, we own esk8.design and foosted.com and chinesk8.com and have plenty of money and skill to create one that puts the rider, first.

Appreciate you all seeing past the bravado and on to the best intention, and working to help drive best practices from what we learn, together.

//k

35 Likes

@topcloud is writing a book :+1:

10 Likes
5 Likes

How did you…
Witchcraft I say

3 Likes

Wow as always Karl is more eloquent and well spoken than I can dream to be. I definitely could have approached it differently and you bring up some valid points :+1: thank you my friend.

8 Likes

That’s cool and all Karl but all the best intentions in the world are undone by a rude message that lacks respect for another human being.

Perhaps he should take a lesson in conveying his star athlete opinion with some eloquence?

1 Like