OS DAVEGA essentials

Yeah, totally, I want this to be DIY!
I am just too ignorant andor lazy to source the correct parts in the correct quantity (buying one connector often costs more than buying ten).

3 Likes

@PrivacyDoctor, if you need housings printed, I can do them for you. Maybe cheaper to just do it locally but thought I’d offer

2 Likes

I have access to printers, I just haven’t done it before. But it will be a good way to get myself started. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the offer @annihil8ted

1 Like

On a side note

Does anyone have clear instructions how to add ‘Watts’ function and maybe even get ‘WH/Km’ and ‘Kilometers left’ options?

I know one user on the esk8 builders forum managed to get the Watts showing up + implemented some more ‘data values’ on the screen, I would be interested in doing the same but he didnt leave much information on how to do so.

(Example)

Just recently connected DaveGa (1st gen) and quite happy with the result but some more data options would be nice.

Info is here:

"

"
It is just a bit hard to make out which step is which as I believe there is some commentary from @janpom himself.

Ok, by posting this I got to understand I need to switch Items to something I want to see, though I guess I will need a good hour or two to really figure this out

1 Like

I am having some trouble getting numbers to show up.

I have the FSESC set to PPM and UART, the baudrate set correctly and the arduino nano all wired correctly. I am getting power and ground off of the FSESC UART port, but no data on the screen. I have even tried another esc and nothing still.

Settings sound correct. My bet would be there’s a problem in wiring. Swapped RX/TX maybe?

1 Like

Yeah I did that. I am going to make a wire harness with soldered connections rather than breadboard wires plugged into the back end of a UART harness shortly to skip over the sketchy bit.

The switching of TX and RX and the switching of ESC’s makes me to think that it’s just simply not getting 1 of the signals, or both.

Thanks for the input! Time to get back in the garage!

btw that’s some sicko longboard wheel car u have made there…

I guess road needs to be super smooth like on race track to really benefit from riding it

1 Like

You can’t use 320 x 240 displays unfortunately right? It’s 2.00" too but higher Pixel density :slight_smile:
Using ST7789VW sadly

Not with the current code. ILI9225 drivers are needed.

1 Like

Your library for graphics is not adafruit GFX?
I’ve seen some tft-util.h included, it had tft 22 ili9225 in it :frowning:

Dumb question and I know you won’t change it, but is there a reason why you avoided the Adafruit GFX library for the GUI? What files do I need to rewrite with the display there? Great you’ve already made a tutorial on how to change things displayed on the tft :slight_smile:

Could you give an explanation on how to approach the usage of the more dense 2 inch 320 x 240 pixels display?
Also I think the Adafruit GFX library would be great to have :slight_smile:

Never forget… :wink:

4 Likes

What a jewel! :smiley:

2 Likes

This project has taught me a ton. I love where it’s at. Thanks dude.

2 Likes

So you use FW 3.58? You need to install an older version of VESC tool for this right?
Or do you have the firmware file?

1 Like

It’s an old vid. Sean was one of the first guys to get the X.

And yes, you need FW 3.60 or older for for the OS DAVEGA.

3 Likes

Sorry to bother you, but can you get the firmware file somewhere?
Or do you really have to reinstall vecs tool (to what version for 3.58FW?)?

Re-installing VESC tool should be easiest. Not sure about the version. You’ll need to find out. This probably helps: Precompiled VESC Tool Archive

2 Likes

Hi @janpom , I have a Bioboards Davega x 1.0 (thank you @Skyart).

I’m going to use it with a stormcore 100d+.

I’m assuming it will need several firmware updates. When updating firmware should I perform updates sequentially - or should I just go straight to the newest version?

Thank you :pray:

Edit - I meant to post this in the davega x thread. I can’t repost and delete it here “too similar” error. Oh well

1 Like

You can go for v5 straight away. Upgrade to v5.01 - DAVEGA

2 Likes