Ordering Stuff from China

In the wake of recent events, I am wondering if there are any success stories out there of items ordered and delivered on schedule (or slightly delayed) from China. If there are, let’s hear of it. I personally have some goods stuck over there at the the post office / customs. Is the delivery system working out for you or is it the supplier has not resumed their operations?

The poll remains anonymous (don’t really need to know who orders from China), but do share your experience if you choose to. It also remains open to serve as an indicator of our current situation. I hope everyone is okay in China.

• Ordered and goods arrived within reasonable timeframe
  • Ordered and goods unshipped, stuck at port.
  • Ordered and no response.

0 voters

Orderd from Aliexpress No update or response in 15 days so I cancelled my order.

I have orderd stuff from eBay before and they shipp within days (before Corona) on Ali i’m new so maybe 2 weeks is common.

1 Like

I bought a LOT of stuff on ali express, the very small packages have a bigger chance to get lost in transit. And packages with labeled value over 100$ might magically disapear. But overall i’d say i have a 95% success rate.

I always ask what price they put on the package, just to be safe. Customer support is non existent, if you have a problem ask for a refund using ali express sytem, and even then it’s a 50/50 chance.

It always takes 3 weeks to get stuff in France.

2 Likes

I have different orders placed on Ali.
It very much depends on the company you order from.
Some of the goods have been shipped even during cny, some just in the last week, some still waiting to getting out for delivery.
If the company is located in an area where they still not allowed to return to work you will have to wait for sure.

5 Likes

I guess that’s basically the situation - one of my direct to manufacturer orders got sent to the post office a month ago, and for a month now it’s been stuck in the post office, it keeps getting a registered tracking update every week or so, it’s really strange.

I think it is safer (to get your money back) to go through a portal.

cant vote since apparently i dont belong to the “everyone” group XD @BillGordon

But i have ordered quite some stuff from China and have been waiting a very long time on them now.
Some even gave false tracking info…

5 Likes

Just ask the seller if they can ship it out of chia, ifthey cant find another seller

2 Likes

Not sure why this would be the case.

3 Likes

AliExpress varies by seller.
Some are honest sellers, others are malicious.
Fake tracking number, missing order.
When I raise a dispute, the seller negotiates withdrawal of the dispute using various means.
Even if I chose the fast delivery option, I only paid a high fee and it was actually a late three week delivery.
It is a good idea to add a trusted seller to your favorites.

4 Likes

Any experience with Wate? Ali says, it is shipped by the seller and it is tracked postage. But no tracking infos yet.

2 Likes

I ordered some stuff from multiple stores on AliExpress on 19th of Jan, it all got shipped in the last week. So it seems at least some are opening shop again.

1 Like

Only good experience with it. Give them some time. I think they aren’t in production yet. + some postal company’s aren’t working.

3 Likes

Lol where do you order? I am over 1020 orders and only opened 5 disputes over this 2,5 year.

Now I have some sellers who still aren’t working since the festival. I even think one is dead :worried:

2 Likes

Mind linking the site, cant find it

1 Like

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32827962214.html

2 Likes

12S 7a charger with ePacket. Problem is, that I need the charger asap, because April…

2 Likes

My order looks like it’s moving but I really have no idea yet. Today is the first date of the range where it “could” be delivered

1 Like

That’s a lot of orders

3 Likes

Normally with them it is ±2-3weeks. If you want something faster just use dhl express.

@moon indeed :grimacing::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

So one more Ali diamond member here :joy:

How can I check how much orders I placed in the Ali app? You now made me curious to find out how much I already have ordered there @pjotr47 :joy:

5 Likes