Ordering Stuff from China

I just looked, 154 orders and diamond too :kissing_closed_eyes: What an accomplishment, my parents will be proud.

Login on ali and click on “My aliexpress” in the top right menu, order count should be right in the middle.

3 Likes

Since the Coronavirus outbreak, I have contacted around 30 suppliers for various things I needed of different types, and I have yet to come across a single one that was able to ship anything. The majority of their shipping services and factories are still paralyzed. It seems like more than 90% of suppliers are still banned from resuming work up to this date.

4 Likes

Yeah! But you can also gain points due reviews etc. I only order and almost never place a review. Points also decrease over time.

You can check the amount off orders on the Aliexpress website. Not in the app I think.

1 Like

I’d really like to order some larger items (non esk8) from alibaba but I’m too scared about the logistics and customs. Shipping is all on me to arrange from the sellers warehouse to the USA. Anyone do this regularly?

1 Like

No response, sadly. Will order more though and try to find suppliers that are opened.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the groundwork

Yes, that’s a cheaper way to ship in stuff from the US for the non-US people. ESK8 stuff all good at the moment.

1 Like

Just for curiosity.

2 Likes

E: I thought that was an astronomically priced xt60 and that you bought it for shits and giggles. woops :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

What do you mean, mate?

2 Likes

I talked to @dickyho he said he’s been in his house for awhile and that he had to stash up on food. Our reality is quite different than real world people living it.

17 Likes

holy damn :’(
I wish you the best @dickyho!

11 Likes

Hi. have been horribly these days,can’t work normal lately. have been horribly these days. this virus is
highly contagious, people got infected everywhere, and the goverment never tell the true. So, I and my gril friend are too scare to go outside, we almost not go out of the door for more than a month. fortunately I stocked enough food. my place not among most serious area, in some areas, many people die. one person got infected, his whole family will got infected. in many cases, the whole family die. now they block roads, provent outsider coming, provices blocked, cities blocked, twons and villiges blocked.

things seems to get better for the last few days, some people begin to resume work. So I am able to send things now.

21 Likes

Wishing you the best, and keep safe. No rush to get back to work but I’m sure you’re all pretty bored right now having to stay inside and away from people all month.

5 Likes

yes, indeep very bore. my gril friend complain many times.according to the goverment number, it seems getting much better in china now. but I myself do not have good confidence for the goverment number, So we still remain inside the house. but many people on the city already started go out as normal…

12 Likes

Keep safe mate and thanks again for taking the time to give us some news :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for concern. this virus original in china, world wide out break now. cause many great suffer to many people. As a chinese, I feel very sorry about that. Hope will have effective medical solution soon.

10 Likes

Now from my last personal experience, package have been blocked, delayed and even lost lately especially due to the situation but I did continue to order a few things from ebay, bangood and ali : from ebay I still wait for a few stuff and there is no idea where they are…from bangoog out of 10 order only one is left to comes …and I ordered from Ali yesterday and it was already ship today so yeah it depends where in china it comes from and if people there are back to work.

“Ordered from China” is such a broad term lmao.

I order things regularly, bulk and one offs. Most factories are back at work but not fully operational, in stock items have been sent in a timely fashion but anything that needs making is delayed for the most part. HK seems largely back to normal for the people I talk to but it’s just a small sample so could be lucky.

1 Like

I am in Cantone. Seems here are almost like HK, people living go back to normal. but factories not fully resume work. other place like ZheJiang or ShangHai still not good.

3 Likes