Onsra 115mm airless wheel quick review.

How do these compare to the TB AT kit? What do you like with these vs pneumatics?

Where’d you buy bearings for that?

vxb.com, however, keep in mind that you need to rob a bank for that.

2 Likes

Damn I was hoping someone found a cheaper option.

How does everyone find these airless tires at speed? Do they get all out of shape at all at 30+?

What pulley’s did you use? Was any modification needed?

Check my post here, I had to ream out the holes to make them 6mm so my kegel pulleys would fit.

2 Likes

keep it up with the feedback on these. Would love to try a set of these.

I’ve been commuting roughly 6 miles just about daily since putting them on. Probably close to 60-80 miles so far. There isn’t any noticeable wear, and I carve a bit, not a whole lot while commuting to work. They handle rain very well also.

The ride quality is still amazing. They absorb alot of shock, handle damp and wet pavement very well, they even handle a strip of spilled oil on the roadway that I thought was water but nope, they slid a bit but I saved it.

Carving is really fun on these. They have lots of grip, and a very predictable slide to them if you push it too far. I still stand behind this being the best esk8 wheel I’ve owned. Especially for commuting.

2 Likes

The real question though with wheels like these is how much battery percentage do they suck up.

What was your mileage before, and what is it now. Can you get a % number of how much range they suck up

3 Likes

They deffinitly eat range compared to PU. I would say 30% riding relatively quickly. From a full 42v charge, after 6 miles of hard riding im at 37.9 on a 10s4p 25r pack. If I rode easy, I think I could easily get over 10 miles. To be honest I have range anxiety with any board and feel the need to charge after I start feeling sag.

3 Likes

Hm alright nice, what were your wheels before? Did you get like 15 miles before?

I had 97’s for a long time, conservative riding I would probably get around 12. 220lb rider so someone lighter could deffinitly pull 15 miles.

1 Like

Comparatively though, 30% isn’t too awful if you think about switching to pneumatics, from what I’ve heard.

My experience with them tends to be more like 50% less range, or even more. Using 10s5p 40T, used to have around 60km with 97 wheels, now barely 30km. So this is a lot ! But - they feel really good overall.

3 Likes

I could see that happening. Wonder if changing my gear ratio would change it. I’m using 15t/36t with sk3 6374’s unsensored. I’m curiois if I went with 44t it would be better.

1 Like

I’m using 15t/40t gear ratio. I was also curious if going to 15t/36t would change anything. Using 2x6374 maytech sensored.

BTW, don’t you think it’s like a lot ?? I really start to wonder if my battery is ok :slight_smile:

I’m sure there are alot of variables, like battery type, ESC settings, motor type. I heard the may techs are thirsty, but not sure how true that is.
Weight is a big contributor. I’m 220lbs, plus I’m commuting with a ~15lb backpack. And my commute is lots of 25mph, braking for lights, then getting back up to 20+, navigating traffic. I know I’m not easy on my setup, but the comfort makes me not care about the range loss. If I plan on an extended group ride, I’d swap back to the 97’s or even 90’s.

1 Like

Well, I am comparing with my previous setup (the 97’s), so other factors as my weight aren’t matter since the baseline is the same. The range loss is huge. I’m sure there are ways still to optimize and I really need to check if my battery is ok since it’s charging to 40.8v only and I hope it got no bad cell rows. Swapping wheels is pain, I mean I want my setup to be comfortable and be session ready. I ordered some TB 110’s and I’m waiting for them to be checked under this setup for comparison.

1 Like

This is the comparison I need to see. Currently got 110s on my board and if the range isn’t effected too much I will get some of these!

1 Like