One Kitty DIY Echopper

Here is my latest build. Onewheel hub motor, vesc6, 12s4p nese, trampa wand

48 Likes

Hot dang! Lol! This is amazing! How is the torgue? Speed?

4 Likes

Fantastic! Tell us more :grin:

3 Likes

Awesome stuff. How does it ride?
You didn’t want to instill shocks?

2 Likes

This is, without a doubt, bad ass

4 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

Fucking love this!!!
Need video.
I feel the need to find a one wheel motor now.

6 Likes

Best use of a onewheel I’ve seen. 10/10.

What speeds/limitations are you hitting?

5 Likes

Fucking brilliant! This is what i’m trying to build for my wife so she can ride with us in style.

I need to get that welder in my wishlist soon.

4 Likes

I still need to get HFI working or wire up the sensors. Right now I’m running uncensored foc, startup cogs for a micro second, then it goes! After you get it rolling it’s got some nice torque. Only running 40a right now @12s. Would really like to bump it up to 14s but need a better vesc.

7 Likes

That is sweet! What is range and speed?

Eskate calc screenshot posted above @dshy007

2 Likes

Cool build! Did you get that hub motor drivable after FOC detection alone? Or did you do any tweaking?

I’m asking because I had to go through hell to get my scooter hub motors running properly in FOC. Detection gave me values that was useless

1 Like

14s might be possible with an OVS module.

Actually I struggled a little. I tried motor detection with the new version of the vesc tool 2.0 and could not get it running. I tried with an old version 1.1 and it ran no problem. I still need to follow the hfi tutorial and see if I can get it working. That would complete this build. Here are 2 difference motor detection results from the vesc tool. Supposedly @Trampa is trying to figure out the motor detection issue

Interesting. Your inductance measurement stands out a bit.
My problem was the flux linkage. I got 12mWb from detection but I have lowered it down to 3mWb.
The observer gain was also far away from something useful. I don’t remember that my detections varied a lot between the vesc tool versions though.

HFI is awesome, that you should make work!

Be careful not to break that fsesc, having it open in air like that. Sensitive stuff :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there a reason why you are running at 40A?

1 Like

Of all the things that need to run @NuRxG’s balance feature… this is it

Ok not really the best design for that I see, hello kitty really puts a nice feel to it!

2 Likes

Any suggestions on getting HFI working? I have the tutorial I’ll go though tonight. And yes im very aware of the garbage flipsky esc. Very little chance of a street face on the 2 wheeler! As far as 40a, the motor detection said 35a. I tried it at that and bumped it up a little more… what do you recommend? This is my first go at a hub motor

1 Like

@Fatglottis I have had 5 flipsky escs and this one is the last one that still works. Im planning on following the HFI tutorial this eve after work. Hopefully hfi will help out with the starts! How long did the HFI config take from start to finish?

You bought another flipsky after the 4th one burnt out? That seems like self-harm…

1 Like