Older VESC Tool builds for Android?

I have a MakerX HI100 with the bluetooth module (from MakerX). I am unable to connect to the VESC via bluetooth (tried on 2 different android phones). I have the VESC Tool app from the google play store. I get this error:

could not read firmware version make sure that the selected port really belongs to the vesc

The error happens after finding the bluetooth module in the list and pressing connect. I’ve made sure all of the wires are correct and made sure that UART is enabled in the app settings of the VESC. I’m thinking an older version of the Android VESC app might fix the problem because when I used the latest version of the Windows VESC app (3.0) it kept complaining that my firmware was not updated and I would try to update it and the problem would persist, but these problems went away when using version 2.06. The problem is I don’t know where to get older versions of the Android app. Can anyone provide an older version of the Android app or another solution?

Have you tried swapping the RX/TX cables?

1 Like

yes

That specific error usually doesn’t mean that a version mismatch is the problem, it usually means there is no connection to the VESC from Android. So, the droid can see and connect to the bluetooth module, but the bluetooth module can’t connect to the VESC.

As far as older versions, there is a thread for that.

I don’t think there are many Android builds in there though. Add the build you have and the source code for it, and maybe someone else can find 2.06?

1 Like

Show us your bluetooth module.

1 Like