OLD QUESTION: What is the best VESC on the market that is available to purchase?

the remote on/off function works?

I didnā€™t fully understand itā€™s 12V 3A shared output? Or 3A for each channel?

I think single output, itā€™s a 12V 3A output. Good for lights. At least by the pictures I only see a single output

There is one for horn and one for lights.
As minimum thatā€™s how I understood it.

5 Likes

Ah yeh right. Donā€™t know can be shared too. On the same output looks easy to be shared.

1 Like

@rey8801 itā€™s confirmed that it is 3A combined so 1.5A per output.

2 Likes

Ok good to know. I donā€™t need an horn vesc controlled but light for sure. Anyhow 1.5A is also good for good 12v leds

1 Like

huh? whatā€™s ā€œhornā€ about? does vesc have code to dynanically control a horn under some conditions? is it like a fault alarm? or a hey get out of my way horn?

or is is just power pins?

I would guess the difference between the output ports is that one is switched permanently (the light) and the other just momentary (horn) when triggered.

so hooking up lights to the horn port, we can get strobe mode? :thinking:

does it have support for an extra remote channel/button push or something? that how you trigger it?

I would guess so, but could be wrong. Itā€™s not written in the specs.

I think it probably works with their proprietary remote

3 Likes

I wonder if it feels as good as a VX1.

1 Like

Donā€™t have a vx1 but so far itā€™s the ā€œbestā€ cheap thumb wheel remote. Based on weight the battery is really undersized and should be replaced, but itā€™s got a menu where you can change certain vesc parameters that affect speed tracking and stuff.

Honestly if the remote was available seperately Iā€™d probably buy them for cheap builds but itā€™s no puck/wand/ossr replacement by any means lol.

The remote has a symbol for when the lights are on/horn is activated.

It looks and seems a lot like the one from serpent boards a while back.

1 Like

Iā€™m quite sure you can connect the horn on some extra lights to flash cars to give way (well, this may be a mostly british thing, on other parts of the world might be useless), or just make people move, or if the button is in a convenient position to hold, to activate in dark places

1 Like

FSESC 6.6 DUAL is good.

FW5.1 no_hw_limits and APS80100, 120A battery and motor max.

Max current 87A ; Motor max current 143A ; Max ESC temp 45Ā°C in summer.

I have four other ones on various builds.

You can rely on this one.

Update 20/08/2020 : I found even more (it was in march, less hot)

3 Likes

Yes I think the difference is just that one is momentary the other is a fixed position button, but for the rest you can attach whatever you want that takes 12v and less than 1.5A

1 Like

Yup horn is just a short pulse when activated. One of the weirdest things is the can us on/off feature in the remote menu, I guess this could be helpful if your belt breaks or some weird fringe scenario like that.

3 Likes