OLD QUESTION: What is the best VESC on the market that is available to purchase?

if you had to choose between unity or this (performance wise) which would you choose?

I don’t know Spintend from adam, but that thing is built like an off road ESC. I haven’t tried them yet. It definitely would not fit in one of my witchblades, its 44mm tall.

3 Likes

Hmm the one I have in hand is only 25mm…

And you can easily gain 3.5mm from the mounting point thickness+enclosure thickness if you throughmount it. Bringing it right into that 18-20mm sweet spot.

@luis99945 there’s little to no testing on these spintend esc’s compared to Unity’s. But on paper it looks a hell of a lot better DRVless design, 75v max vs 60V a nice thick heatsink/case. Support for lights, horn and bms monitoring, all for less than a unity with a half decent remote. Not to mention I got an email everyday after receiving the product asking if I had recieved it or if there where any issues and asking for feedback. So customer service also seems good, something that’s pretty much non existant for the unity.

The power button is orgasmic tho, it’s the cherry blue of power buttons lol

I was waiting on posting more info on these until I had done some more testing/bought some more for myself but they’re sold out already :frowning:

4 Likes

I wonder if you have the same unit, or maybe its a typo. 25mm is doable. I could use these in that case but i’d need a larger enclosure to fit the extra pgroups anyway.

2 Likes

It’s definitely the same unit ordered from their webpage and it’s definitely not 44mm tall!

113x83x25 (28mm if you include the socket cap bolt height but those can always be replaced)

1 Like

Also judging by the picture is not 44mm tall. That’s almost 2". It’s a typo I guess.
@stratoglide I am so badly waiting for you test it out. I am so ready to grab one of these babies :grin:

1 Like

Thank skatan. a 44mm tall ESC would have no business in esk8 unless it was bolted to the back of an e-toxx.

3 Likes

Yes definitely. 44mm is maybe just for mountain board. 25 with heatsink is totally manageable and probably you can design an additional heat sink to be mounted in the enclosure and gain more space.

1 Like

It’s unpopular, but there’s a regular supply of focbox unities shipping now. Lol better than they had ever shipped before I think.

I understand there’s some controversy, but it’s absolutely not possible to beat what you get with the unity for the current pricing of $196 ea. Especially now with VESC FW support.

Until any of these new brands get more of a reputation I think it remains the best option.

3 Likes

I run 2 unites and for 12s application is really good.
Its because I need a 14s vesc that I am looking for something else.

2 Likes

Conflict unities.

But yeah, i totally get it.

3 Likes

at 25mm tall that 75V one looks perfect fo 14S street boards.

I would need a longer deck and and enclosure though.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for a reliable 14s vesc

1 Like

They will be back in stock in around 2 weeks.
Looking forward to some real world tests on those escs.
The integrated bt module works with the vesc tool app?

1 Like

Yeh heard that too. I will be there ready :grin:

1 Like

I guess me too.
Would just perfectly fit into my quad rebuild.
Running 12-16s depending on what trip is planned :sweat_smile:
Just would like to see how fast they are getting hot under load.

The guy said he recorded some videos on them under 70A load each side but still didn’t post them. That would be totally fine for me.

We will hopefully soon get some reviews.
On paper it all looks too good to be true honestly :sweat_smile:
Anybody knows which feds are used ?

1 Like

Exactly but the guy is really responsive and there to prove so I hope it’s just too good :grin: I mean the canbus switch is so nice too and the 12v output is really handy.

2 Likes

Yeap he definitely gets back to you quick and seems to be a proper dude and interested in feedback.
Buuuut we need real life data :point_up::point_up::point_up::sweat_smile:

1 Like