OLD QUESTION: What is the best VESC on the market that is available to purchase?

Like the question says. what is the best vesc on the market that is not over $250 combined, whether that be two single vesc or a single dual vesc.

Unitys are hard to find these days and Trampa is quite expensive.

What are some new VESCs that are coming to the market? Do they look promising?

2 Likes

You can every now and then find someone selling 2 Focboxes for that price. Those are definitely the best in that price range.

5 Likes

@rusins I appreciate the reply and will keep my eyes peeled incase something comes around!

1 Like

makerX, neobox, torquebox

2 Likes

@murdomeek are you saying like the torque board vesc?

Also are you talking about this one for the MarkerX?

2 Likes

Dude. One of those has only been tested in factory conditions, and one isn’t available yet.

I haven’t had any issues with the makerx but I have only used the v4 dual in a 10s build. However it is being pushed pretty hard and seemingly doing a good job.

9 Likes

Yes I am aware the neobox has not been released, but it does look pretty good

1 Like

The neobox is available for purchase, it just hasnt been extensively (real world) tested.

The torquebox is not available to purchase but from what I understand, it is going through rigorous real world testing and has been for months

6 Likes

If you’re gonna call @DerelictRobot fat just call him fat.

14 Likes

:joy: that was quick

6 Likes

Jesus Christ guys I’m standing right here.

18 Likes

I was trying to dance around the subject… but I got called out.

Deal with it fatty.

5 Likes

So. Nothing is available at the moment in the USD 250 ballpark?

2 Likes

Makerx have quite a few options dude, but I think the virus is delaying some products.

1 Like

Orbiting, one might even say?

7 Likes

I must admit, I do feel drawn towards you.

7 Likes

Nothing without question marks.

3 Likes

I think neoboxes are coming in this month, so in a few weeks when members have tested them out you could maybe get one of those.

MakerX is pretty untested, but some riders have them and are reporting no problems. I would look into the mini foc plus, it is based on vesc 6 hw.

You can also always buy used focboxes, they go for like 100-125 dollars each and are amongst the most reliable ESC’s.

If you are really patient and have time to wait, you could wait for the “unity 2.0” which is made by the makers of the Unity as well as lacroix, under the name: Stormcore 60D. It will probably be around 300 dollars as the unity, however this is only pure speculation from my side.

Flipsky?

1 Like