OLD QUESTION: What is the best VESC on the market that is available to purchase?

That actually amazing in case of ebike or escooter to run single motor. I would like to know whether we can command it with a separate button or by phone.

It can also read BMS data. Nice

For the horn question which I think was already answered, but non the less here is a video:

3 Likes

So does the ubox have a custom vesc firmware fork to support that horn and remote? where’s the source?

2 Likes

Any do a horn through the motor?

1 Like

Well well well any news on the vesc? :grin: Did you ended up trying it?

@Andy87 got any new info about it?

@rey8801 They had some samples ready and will ship me two of them. Hope shipping will not take ages, but I calculate minimum one month.
They don’t want to sell or produce a bigger batch till they get more testing on the ones that are out so far.
Which is a good sign in my opinion.
If you in need of one I would recommend to get in touch with them via Instagram. As far as I know they still assemble some units by hand, so you could get one if you are ok that those are still „beta“ units.

I also started a thread about the UBox in hope we can get some feedback from people who used them.

1 Like

great I will follow it. Yes I will orer one asap I get the scooter in my hand. Been waiting for 2 months now. Almost one month just for Eu delivery. UPS is doing its best to keep sending it around :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I LOVE DV6😛

5 Likes

Let’s see some vids running them 100A on both sides. thank you!
Hyped!

2 Likes
7 Likes

I’m in. Making an order this weekend

2 Likes

So if you guys had to go 100d or ubox at this point (take cost out of the equation) which way would you go?

I’m not a wiz but I know enough to be dangerous (to myself) from what I can tell the 100d hasn’t had major issues (there’s a massive thread on the stormcores that I didn’t read so if someone has the foot notes and I’m wrong please correct me) then with the ubox it seems there are some cut outs on the first batch or something like that but it has since be fixed/addressed?

Based on features I’m leaning toward ubox due to the 12v outputs but if the 100d is just flatout a more solid option I’d like to go with that.

This would be for a 16s6p Tesla 21700’s is that too high for stable performance from the ubox?

2 Likes

help me spend my money before I decide 12S is enough

3 Likes

SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN ESCAPE 12S. Just go stormcore 16s and I will help you with a remote controlled 12v system. I’ve done it before.

1 Like

I’m basically just waiting for someone to say ubox is fine but if they don’t this is what will happen. :sweat_smile:

If ubox is fine at 16s then I’d say go for that.

1 Like

Ive had several flipsky escs, a couple torque board escs, a 60D and a few Unities with a Xenith on the way. I can comfortably say that I feel the most safe with the Lord and savior jesus christ

10 Likes

LOL - someone has got to have put a ubox on a HV board at this point, SOMEONE!

as someone who’s fried three unities a makerX and actaully zero focbox’s I know what you are saying but theres gotta be someone who’s at least tested ubox’s above 15S and I just wana talk to them haha

1 Like

@Scepterr or @kevingraehl

4 Likes

:cricket: