Oil slick chrome MBS wheels

Chemist but no good at anodizing. I’ve looked into it and electroplating a fair amount before deeming it too costly to upstart.

I can ask a friend in Italy.
He is doing Camouflage on Aluminium and other crazy things.

5 Likes

Now I’m curious.

1 Like

Thank you but I am hoping jens raw hubs will be available by the time this starts happening. I am stuck on being able to run 8 and 9" tires.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::shushing_face:

2 Likes

new batch coming in January.

3 Likes

I really didn’t understand why you cared so much about a 1-inch difference.

( credit @rich )
Then I saw this lol
Okay, I get it

15 Likes

I have my etoxx gear drive baseplates in raw. So why not throwing them in here?

1 Like

Every company I talked to needed a technical drawing or surface area measure of the parts. I hope they just do it by the batch.

I want to get moon’s gear case done too lol

2 Likes

another example

2 Likes

They are located 30 mins north of me. I’ll see them in person and get requirements.

3 Likes

Such a damn good deal. If I wasn’t buying so much stuff for people for christmas I’d have you bring me over a set!!

Thanks for helping us US guys get good deals from EU!

3 Likes

It’s a phenomenon, that things in the EU are cheaper than in the US.

1 Like

Probably because we don’t really make much of anything here anymore lol

1 Like

80 USD, it is OK if you pay it later.
Shoud I get you a set ???

. :smiley:OK … + tubes, so a littkle bit more

1 Like

I think he is recommending chrome first then PVD. I’ll just bring him the parts and say I want this finish on this part.

@klaus79856 please do reach out to your Swiss plating friend. I’m interested to see what he thinks.

No word on how many parts we can put in a batch.

I have a sinking feeling that preping the annodized surface is going to be a bitch/expensive.

2 Likes

Do @NoWind new hubs come raw? Can they? I’d just as soon shelf MBS hubs in favor of doing a run of his.

2 Likes

Yeah prepping all the MBS Wheels could be a lot of work.

1 Like

Pricier for sure but not mostly untested. A few people test them since a while. I ride and jump with v1 hubs since 7 months and also recently bought the v2 hubs. Trust me the v2 are perfect so no need for a v3. I aprecciate that they first take the time to develop and sell it later when it’s perfect. Yeah and oil slick would look rad.

AFAIK raw, black, orange and maybe blue like the gear drives.

5 Likes

He is in Italy, near Milano.
I will visit him next Monday.

2 Likes