*Nutty 100-40* Subsonic Century AVIO mk2 P42A 13s4p

haha I think it was like $60 each. I have a sickness…

BTW they’re really nice. :slight_smile:

Also got one of these on ebay for cheap-ish

https://www.amazon.com/CDI-401SM-Adjustable-Screwdriver-40-Inch/dp/B004616S9G/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=cdi%2Btorque%2Bscrewdriver&qid=1584247379&sr=8-5&th=1

CDI is owned by Snap-On. The Wera are much nicer to handle.

Your build is coming along nicely! Very nice write-up, too. Making me itching to have all of my components for the same deck/enclosure build.

Patience…

Have you made any decisions for the battery pack yet?

1 Like

Pack will be 13s4p Molicel P42A 21700. With vertical p-groups with 2 x series wires. Exact layout isn’t decided yet though. I usually do something silly, like being able to break the pack in two for health maintenance on a high end balance charger.

The Stormcore thing is making me think filthy thoughts though.

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re not the only one! I was reading that thread today…oh the dreams!

1 Like

BTW this is the lens I’m using. I think, still, my favorite all around lens. Sometimes gives me jaw dropping bombs.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/32664-theory-da-35mm-ltd-greatest-lens-ever-tag.html

There are some nice photos in that thread. :slight_smile:

It’s a weird lens, 35mm 2.8 macro, for APS-C sensors. Looong focus throw so sometimes it takes a bit to get in focus. And at 35mm, for full macro, you have to almost touch the subject with the lens. But it’s relatively tiny, and super sexy all metal construction. And the image render is oh so purty. Not so much in these snapshots, as I’m being lazy and just snapping them off with terrible indoor light.

1 Like

Good shit my dude. Thanks for the pic assembly!

2 Likes

Sigh I put myself o the spreadsheet for 14s4p. Technically I have room… Rationalizing now, but 14s4p will give me the same power as 13s4p, but with a bit more headroom on top speed. Right? Lol. I had bought a set of 4 cells extra in case of bad cells. If Arch says yes I’m gonna have to hustle up and finish this really quickly.

2 Likes

Preview of the herringbone sound (for my reference). mk2 soon!

2 Likes

PLA+. Keeping the color theme going.

I’ve used this hot glue for several packs. It works very well for me – not even considering silicone.

• can work quickly
  • can remove it easily with a few drops of alcohol
  • has not come apart on its own

That Ryobi cordless glue gun is oh so lovely.

The wood thing is scraps glue together with CA glue. Very nicely and easily aligns the cells.

If you buy 20700/21700, try to buy the insulator rings from the same place. I didn’t realize they were so hard to get, but whew 18650store let me add them to my order.

13 groups, and cells set aside for #14 should I get lucky in the Stormcore lottery.

Next is chopping up nickel.

8 Likes

Any updates here? Need to go faster so lusting after your 13s4p ideas. Would be pretty tight in mine with the escapes. As a matter of fact, don’t think it would fit at all.

3 Likes

I had a setback. I glued the cells to a sheet of ABS, and found more of a gap than I like opened up between the enclosure and the deck. Have to get rid of the abs sheet.

And it’s full in there! I got some vesc6, and it’ll work, but wow it’s a squeeze. I’m thinking a Unity or maybe a stormcore after all.

I have lots of photos to post of the battery build.

The thing that got me really stuck is, I was going to 3D up a sub-enclosure for all the ports. I will not put any ports on the enclosure – very annoying with wires dangling everywhere when you lift the box. External balancer, so I have a 26mm port I need to put somewhere, along with a loop key and a 13mm charge port. It’s so tight in there I’m debating whether I can afford a JST-XH for the balancer.

Also debating if I should put the loop key between the 2 subpacks. If so, given knowledge from prior builds, I’d probably be better off with a separate JST-XH for each subpack.

All this, and some intensity at the job, and I ran out of energy. Soon!

1 Like

Any updates on the build? I’ve stumbled into a similar space and gap situation. I have all of my components, but it is a tight fit. I went with a larger battery pack thinking that the enclosure is large enough. While it will fit it all, I have to be creative to accomplish it. That deck-to-enclosure gap is what I’m working through now. I’ve even contemplated designing a 3D printable enclosure extender of sorts that doubles to house an LED strip for side marking, but I have been hesitant on buying a printer so far.