Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Is cold shock a thing for belts? So far Iā€™ve snapped two belts after going from inside to outside and riding not even crazy hardā€¦
What am I missing here?

2 Likes

Not unless youā€™re spraying them with liquid nitrogen. Might just be odd luck. How cold are we talking?

3 Likes

Anyone?

1 Like

Commonly refered to as dual diagonals. Ollins boards were one of the first to do it and was a popular thing. It doesnā€™t feel ā€œbadā€, definitely feels different, the main reason is not really the feeling but the fact that you have to run motor wires all the way down a board making it not as popular of an option.

2 Likes

No way. Different voltages per cell, different cell count. Donā€™t even try unless the BMS somehow has a dual mode.

1 Like

Damn why did that not click!
Thank you @BluPenguin

@Geo_Engineering_FTW here are some good examples

@Brently

this one is a motor on each truck but you can pop them both on the same truck like shown here which is more practical for the above reasons BluPenguin mentioned

2 Likes

Like -10 ish Cā€¦

1 Like

thanks man, dual diagnonals makes total sense as a name. nice thereā€™s actually a name for it

2 Likes

thanks for the link to that build, itā€™s a wild placement for the motors. kinda like it =D

1 Like

Lots of dual diagonal builds have that configuration. It is up to you

1 Like

Holy crap. Actually I suppose so, youā€™re approaching the minimum service temperature of some belt types. Fiberglass etc canā€™t flex well much colder than that.

Canā€™t believe you ride in -10 lol I get whiny at +10

4 Likes

Canada be like that lolā€¦
Next build is gonna be my winter ride with chain drive :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet raptor hubs would perform great at -10 :joy:

1 Like

What happened to psychotiller.com? i Went looking for some trucks.

1 Like

This is actually pretty mild for my areaā€¦ Bet theyā€™d really shine in the heart of winter at -40 or so :joy:
Anyone have a Raptor they wanna try keeping cool for once?

1 Like

I would die in -40

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Florida California lol

1 Like

Methinks you are joking.

anyone?

2 Likes

Where alse am I going to get surfrods and mounts from? I am thinking they are the best compomise I dont want to go full mountainboard trucks the angles scare me.

1 Like