Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Pls stop this. If I read cogging or eddy current one more time Iā€™m gonna stab someone

8 Likes

Does anyone make bolt on wheel pulleys for evolve rims?

1 Like

Were these cut deep enough to test purity? Itā€™s been in salt water and vinegar for awhile.

2 Likes

these are the only ones i know ofā€¦maybe more out thereā€¦try a search in this forumā€¦

1 Like

thanks man

1 Like

hi guys , i have a problem , yesterday , i take a ride , with the board , everything was perfect
i stop the board for a coffee break . and after that when i start the board , she doing nothing , the remote show me to pair with the receiver , but the board donā€™t move
, today i opened the board , and i have the blue and green light , but one thing when i power on the red light blinks 18 times ,
I did update the firmware , but the same the red light blinks 18 times , plss help me guys

I forgot to mențin i use Ć®n urat mode

Are you able to make a regular connection in the vesc tool? Or can you only do the firmware flashing? When connected normally can go into terminal and type faults to see any errors since startup.

When connected normally can use the ā€œRT Appā€ button on the right of the vesc tool then go into the app configuration and should be able to see the values being read from the control input (disclaimer I always use PWM/PPM for control input only used UART for metr monitoring myself)

Did some searching looks like generally means MCU/CPU is working fine but there is a DRV or other faulting component (money on drv) faults in terminal should give more definitive answer though.

1 Like

yes regular connection toe the vesc tool .

but in ppm connection i must to solder the wire back , because i cut when i mount the vesc in the board

and i make the settings back , but the same

Hi, could anybody give me some tips about the metr pro. What should i focus on when setting up different modes? Like what parameters should i change to get different results?

Positive motor amps are for acceleration or torque when at low speed. At higher speed the battery max amps can become a limit but limit on battery side can typically just be set based on battery parameters (max discharge and max charge safe for the battery). A more negative number on the motor braking current makes the brakes faster to stop but above some amount maybe harder braking than you want and cause belt to skip. I have a slow mode with around 10A on the motor a normal mode with 20A at the motor and a ā€œfastā€ mode with 40A at the motor, at about 40V itā€™s around 800W if your motor can handle more and you are trying to max things out for racing or whatever then might push battery limits above stated limits and just stress them more and reduce total charge cycles.

1 Like

so, 12s battery builds always require an ESC version 6 and not 4, right? itā€™s with 10s you can use version 4 and save some moneyā€¦is that correct?

You could run a vesc 4 on 12S but chances of frying something are much higher since some components with 60V limit hook directly to the battery input, so it isnā€™t recommended, for Vesc6 I would go based on what mfg rates it at but can check the MOSFET driver and MOSFETs and other components that get direct battery power to find out how close to limits the chosen voltage will be.

For reference I did run a vesc 4 on 12S and didnā€™t fry it but messed up my battery physically and 10S seems like a good middle ground without pushing component limits.

1 Like

do you know what can be the problem with my build , or ??

thanks -D

1 Like

Check out faults in the terminal would start there does it give any feedback?

Every single fet and DRV/MCU has the exact same voltage limit regardless of V4/V6, this isnā€™t really true, proper capacitance on the battery wire will fix a majority of the voltage spikes and you messing up a 12s battery on v4 is a bad VESC, a bad battery or you did a oopsie.

@Geo_engineering_FTW I run V4 on 12s, buddies run it on 13s, just gotta understand what will kill it.

1 Like

I havenā€™t really dug into the changes of vesc 4 to 6 but I think they went from drv8302 on 4 to drv8301 on vesc 6 the particular MOSFETs I imagine depends on which particular mfg is making them and what MOSFETs they went withā€¦ Running 10S and 190kv keeps well under the 60k erpm that is known to blow the drv8302 in the configuration on the VESC 4.

Regarding MCU power thought that came off a voltage regulator in the DRV that steps input power down to 3.3V or whatever the MCU needs.